Springs and TO chillin' postgame

superpunk

Reaction score
I am the whitest person imaginable.

After harassing Dallas wide receiver Terrell Owens on Sunday afternoon, Washington cornerback Shawn Springs relaxed at his longtime friend's Dallas-area home Sunday night and watched the Chicago Bears defeat the Philadelphia Eagles, 24-20. TV commentators who expressed surprise that he had played well against Owens, his offseason workout partner, amused Springs. (He had permission to stay in Dallas, where his father Ron remains in a vegetative state.)
[FONT=Times New Roman,times,serif]
[/FONT]"He didn't really say much to me after the game," Springs said of Owens. "We just sat there and watched a little bit of the Chicago game at his condo. "You know what's the funny thing about this? This is what I laugh at: You hear commentators like, 'Shawn Springs, for an older corner, can cover.' I was like, 'Hold it! He's two years older than me.'
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,times,serif]http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/[/FONT]
[/FONT]

StylisticS

Reaction score
I've read that both a great friends so this doesn't surprise me.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I seems like a lot of people like TO. Players, music/movie people etc......

The Rawhide Kid

Gunslinger
Reaction score
Deion made the point the other night about how all these CBs, (i.e., Woodson and Springs) act tough because they play press coverage on TO, when they know they have help over the top. He wondered how would they play him if they didn't have that help?

He basically mocked them.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
The Rawhide Kid;2300447 said:
Deion made the point the other night about how all these CBs, (i.e., Woodson and Springs) act tough because they play press coverage on TO, when they know they have help over the top. He wondered how would they play him if they didn't have that help?

crispy is my guess

Big Dakota

Reaction score
The Rawhide Kid;2300447 said:

Deion is one of the very, VERY few who could, in NFL history, shut WR's (and i mean the best) down without help. We all know Woodson and Springs aren't in Neon's class.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2300574 said:
Deion is one of the very, VERY few who could, in NFL history, shut WR's (and i mean the best) down without help. We all know Woodson and Springs aren't in Neon's class.

michael owned deion..

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Mike couldn't be stopped by anyone when he was on point.

I think he should be in the conversation as one of the best ever to play the game, he was every bit as good as jerry for a while.

TO isn't nearly the receiver that Mike was, no matter what he says.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
stealth;2300610 said:

I think he should be in the conversation as one of the best ever to play the game, he was every bit as good as jerry for a while.

the only corners i ever saw control irvin were williams and taylor..

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
I'm disappointed and shocked that both Zorn and Phillips would allow this during the season. There should be no friendship nor hanging out with players from other teams during the season. In the offseason, fine, but not during the season.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;2300614 said:
I'm disappointed and shocked that both Zorn and Phillips would allow this during the season. There should be no friendship nor hanging out with players from other teams during the season. In the offseason, fine, but not during the season.

Springs is visiting his father, though

who resides in Dallas

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
stealth;2300610 said:

Come on.

Irvin was never as great as Rice. He was great, yes, but no one played on Rice's level. Michael even admitted Rice was better than him on the Dan Patrick Show, back when he still worked for ESPN.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
NIBGoldenchild;2300679 said:
Come on.

Irvin was never as great as Rice. He was great, yes, but no one played on Rice's level. Michael even admitted Rice was better than him on the Dan Patrick Show, back when he still worked for ESPN.

if it was just one game, I take mike over jerry. Mike still works for ESPN, by the way.

At their best, I see it as a push.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
NIBGoldenchild;2300679 said:
Come on.

Irvin was the best at getting off the line... Yes, Rice owns all the highest premiere NFL receiving numbers as well as the most TDs scored...
But, Irvin was IMO more physical getting off the ball and he could dominate when he could keep his man off of him and get into a serious timing groove with his precision routes and his QB .

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
stealth;2300687 said:
if it was just one game, I take mike over jerry. Mike still works for ESPN, by the way.

At their best, I see it as a push.

I guess it's just personal opinion. But Rice has always been the ultimate reciever, IMO. No one in his era matched him in stats or the fear he imposed on the defense. Although at times in his career, I will admit Irvin was just as dominating.

By the way, I had no idea Irvin still worked for ESPN. I thought he was fired. What does he do now?

BHendri5

Reaction score
stealth;2300610 said:

Mike was great, compared to T.O., the only thing Mike had on Owens, is he knew how to channel his fire better and he used his body better than T.O. and better hands. You know what, scratch what I just said, it is too hard to pick who is better of those 2.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
NIBGoldenchild;2300702 said:
I guess it's just personal opinion. But Rice has always been the ultimate reciever, IMO. No one in his era matched him in stats or the fear he imposed on the defense. Although at times in his career, I will admit Irvin was just as dominating.

By the way, I had no idea Irvin still worked for ESPN. I thought he was fired. What does he do now?

He does radio in dallas.
He gets preachy at times, but he wears the star on his sleeve and I love him for it.

BHendri5

Reaction score
lane;2300613 said:
the only corners i ever saw control irvin were williams and taylor..

Aneas Williams yes, I met him once at a T.D. Jakes mens conference, an dI had to shake his hand and tell him that he was the only CB that I feared covering Irvin.

Bobby Taylor could not hold Irvin, he alwasy had safety and LB help.

Same thing they do to T.O.