Springs out... Portis in...

StarHead69

Reaction score
I know it's a little harsh, but I would bet a dollar that Stewart is the guy that would prepare for Alexander and poop his pants a little when the announcement is made that Portis is starting ...just sayin'

C'mon Dallas !!! Kick some Commander buttocks and let me know that the rest of this season won't be excruciatingly painful to watch and follow. I expected better and I'm tired of watching you guys play like a bunch of steel vaginas.

sincerely yours,

Noober

p.s. Beat the skins by double digits tonight and I am willing to forgive the St. Louis, and first Commander games.

Ren

Reaction score
Naes;2420882 said:
Of course they will be.

Rooting for players to get injured = classless. Not a very hard concept.

if you're playing hurt it's open season, i'm not gonna sit here and say i hope they don't go after Portis' injury nor am i going to cry if they do :rolleyes:

Om

Reaction score
Looks like Portis' knee equals Romo's pinky in this one. I'm sure both teams will react accordingly. :)

Big a Commanders/Cowboys tilt as we've seen in a long time.

Here's to a memorable and healthy game for both.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Cowboys Week 11 Inactives - Felix Jones OUT! --
Sun Nov 16, 2008

The Dallas Cowboys' official website reports Cowboys RB/KR Felix Jones (hamstring), WR Isaiah Stanback (shoulder), CB Quincy Butler, LB Bobby Carpenter (groin), OG Montrae Holland, OG Joe Berger, and OT Doug Free are inactive for tonight's game against the Commanders. Both QB Brooks Bollinger and QB Brad Johnson are fully active tonight. Bollinger will come in if QB Tony Romo (finger) is injured. Johnson is active to hold for place kicks.

-- Portis to Start --
Sun Nov 16, 2008

NBC Sports' Al Michaels reports Washington Commanders RB Clinton Portis (sprained left MCL) looked very good in pre-game warm-ups and will start tonight against the Cowboys.

-- Portis & Betts Active! --
Sun Nov 16, 2008

The Washington Post reports the Commanders will dress four running backs for tonight's game against the Cowboys. RB Clinton Portis (sprained left MCL), RB Ladell Betts (knee), RB Shaun Alexander and RB/KR Rock Cartwright are all active.

Ken

Reaction score
I actually never believed he wasn't playing. I also prefer he be in there so there are no excuses.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Ken;2420899 said:
I actually never believed he wasn't playing. I also prefer he be in there so there are no excuses.

Win + Excuses > Loss - Excuses

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Trust me...YOu won't see much of Portis.

He may be dressed, but they will use him sparingly.

On Friday, he was seen leaving Commanders park in his car while they were doing their walkthrough....he still couldn't bend the knee all the way. You're going to see mostly Betts and Alexander tonight. Portis will not be the real Portis...Zorn is going to use him sparingly.

I'm thrilled Springs is out, however. That means Smoot and Rogers.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2420886 said:
I've always liked it when someone says "classy" about others being HONEST about the injury topic.

Its not okay to hope someone gets injured but if that player just happens to get injured, we can be thankful for it?

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

If Portis is playing hurt, screw him. Thats the risk you take. Tony too.

I'll be as honest as can be on this issue. I hope someone gets good shot in on Portis. Nothing cheap or outside the rules, just a good hit.

If that means I'm not classy, I'll take it. I'd rather have a win tonight and be classless than hold onto that class and watch the team sit at home during the playoffs.

Maybe thats just me.

Good response and I agree. Many of classy defenses sit their assy's home come playoff time.

Reaction score
Any fan that hopes for, cheers about, or is anything but sorry to see an NFL player from ANY team injure a knee and possibly end his career is completely classless!! Go root for the Iggles, you bums. Don't get me wrong. I love to watch brutal games like the Cowboys-Commanders where there's a take-no-prisoners attitude. Several players from both teams have to leave the game, either on their own, or with some help from their teammates. A little blood & guts never hurt anyone....permanently, that is....haha.

However, to hope that a particular player gets his knee targeted, then injured is for low-lifes who have never played the game at any level. Please, take your allegiance somewhere else-that is not Cowboys mentality.

Naes

Reaction score
tunahelper;2420908 said:
Good response and I agree. Many of classy defenses sit their assy's home come playoff time.
I didn't think my point was that difficult to grasp, but I guess I need to spell it out for you.

I didn't call anyone playing football classless. It's football. Things happen, players get hurt. I called you classless for rooting for a player to get injured.

And to the guy who said that if a player plays hurt they deserve what's coming for them, are you serious? Everyone is playing hurt at this point in the season. That doesn't mean I want to see Witten get knocked out for the season, or for Romo's finger to get busted up even further. If it happens, it happens. I won't root for it to happen, though.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2420897 said:
The Dallas Cowboys' official website reports Cowboys RB/KR Felix Jones (hamstring), WR Isaiah Stanback (shoulder), CB Quincy Butler, LB Bobby Carpenter (groin), OG Montrae Holland, OG Joe Berger, and OT Doug Free are inactive for tonight's game against the Commanders.

WR Isaiah Stanback (shoulder)-What a joke, hurt or not he can't make the active roster no matter how desperate the situation. Just admit it Jerry, it was a wasted pick and move on.

LB Bobby Carpenter (groin)-Is on the active roster but it is not very active. Just admit it Jerry, it was a wasted pick and move on.

OG Montrae Holland-Great trade Jerry

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
tunahelper;2420870 said:
Sorry Skirt, but I dont mind aiming for an injury and making a clean legal tackle.

Maybe football is too mean for some with weak stomachs?

"Bust that knee up!"

doesn't sound quite the same as, "Play a clean game, and see what happens!"

Ren

Reaction score
Cogan;2420916 said:
Any fan that hopes for, cheers about, or is anything but sorry to see an NFL player from ANY team injure a knee and possibly end his career is completely classless!!

you're right let's hope they go easy on Portis he's playing hurt after all, we can't risk hurting him more that would be terrible and totally our fault :rolleyes:

tunahelper

Reaction score
Naes;2420922 said:
I didn't think my point was that difficult to grasp, but I guess I need to spell it out for you.

I didn't call anyone playing football classless. It's football. Things happen, players get hurt. I called you classless for rooting for a player to get injured.

And to the guy who said that if a player plays hurt they deserve what's coming for them, are you serious? Everyone is playing hurt at this point in the season. That doesn't mean I want to see Witten get knocked out for the season, or for Romo's finger to get busted up even further. If it happens, it happens. I won't root for it to happen, though.

You missed my point because I called you a SKIRT!

I didnt root for an injury, but I wanted us to POUND the injured knee area.

That is football and I hope it keeps Portis on the sidelines. Do really think some of the Dallas players are not planning on popping his knee when given an opportunity?

Just relax Cinderella and remember tackling/injuries is a part of football.

StylisticS

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2420923 said:
WR Isaiah Stanback (shoulder)-What a joke, hurt or not he can't make the active roster no matter how desperate the situation. Just admit it Jerry, it was a wasted pick and move on.

Yeah I'm beginning to be annoyed as well with Isiah always being injured. This is a person literally made of glass.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
StylisticS;2420966 said:
Yeah I'm beginning to be annoyed as well with Isiah always being injured. This is a person literally made of glass.

who's he going to play ahead of right now anyway? Certainly not Owens, Williams, Crayton or Austin.

tunahelper

Reaction score
TheCount;2420926 said:
"Bust that knee up!"

doesn't sound quite the same as, "Play a clean game, and see what happens!"

Well it meant tackle the bum and bust the knee up!

No apologies and no crying if he reinjures it!

I will however allow you to cry for me! All better?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yep, they got portis ready, something our trainers cant get felix jones ready,

that says alot too.