Spurs sign Glenn Robinson for stretch run

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Former All-Star forward Glenn Robinson signed a free-agent contract with the San Antonio Spurs.

Robinson, who hasn't played in more than a year due to injuries, was cut by New Orleans in early March. The Hornets acquired him in a late February trade with Philadelphia.

The Spurs have struggled offensively at times since star forward Tim Duncan (right ankle sprain) and reserve guard Devin Brown (lower back strain) went on the injured list in late March.

The 6-foot-7 Robinson was the league's No. 1 draft pick out of Purdue in 1994. In his 10 NBA seasons, the first eight with Milwaukee, he averaged 20.8 points and 6.1 rebounds per game.

With the 76ers last season, Robinson averaged 16.6 points and 4.5 rebounds in 42 games before undergoing surgery on his right elbow in March 2004. He played in five preseason games before Philadelphia put him on the injured list Nov. 1 with left ankle tendinitis.

Terms of the contract, announced late Monday, were not released.

Link

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
not a bad pick up and if good he will be a good offensive player if Pop puts him in.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Good offensively but his D is truely offensive

but we are not getting him for his defense allthough is not that bad he just does it half arsed.