SS Michael Hamlin

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Anyone given anythought to this guy? I haven't seen Clemson live, but he's having a pretty good year. He has 4 ints, 4 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles, 3.5 tackles for loss and 1 sack (through 11/15 and he had 1 int last night so he has atleast 5).

Overall Clemson has the 6th ranked passing defense, so he's probably not a one dimensional SS. Obviously a true ball hawk is everyone's first priority, but if we aren't in a position to get one I think I'd prefer him.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I just have my heart set on us adding a ball-hawking FREE safety and moving Ken Hamlin to Strong Safety...assuming Roy Willimas isn't brought back.

Michael Hamlin looks like a good player but he is a definite strong safety.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
My point is there are only a few guys that fit that description and more than likey, they'll be gone.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2437288 said:
My point is there are only a few guys that fit that description and more than likey, they'll be gone.

Actually this draft class is very deep at the safety position.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2437045 said:
I just have my heart set on us adding a ball-hawking FREE safety and moving Ken Hamlin to Strong Safety...assuming Roy Willimas isn't brought back.

Michael Hamlin looks like a good player but he is a definite strong safety.

BINGO, me too, I would like to get either a pure ball hawking F.S. and move Hamlin to S.S. or else get a tweener, meaning a guy who can play either S.S. or F.S., meaning we can put him in at S.S. and he's good enough to play the run but is also a very good coverage guy, I'd prefer to grab Patrick Chung if he falls to us, if Raji is off the board, I'd go for Chung and then load up on D-lineman with our next 2-3 picks and then grab some O-lineman.

Basically I would like to come out of this draft with THREE D-lineman, a safety, and a couple O-lineman and I would be content with that, and then we can really use next years top pick on a STUD I.L.B. like a Patrick Willis type to take over for Thomas.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2437771 said:
I'd rather stay away from a safety with the last name Hamlin.

WHY?
I would LOVE to add another Hamlin to this team, now had you said I'd stay away from another safety named WILLIAMS, I'd agree.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2438027 said:
WHY?
I would LOVE to add another Hamlin to this team, now had you said I'd stay away from another safety named WILLIAMS, I'd agree.

:rolleyes:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I actually wouldnt mind getting Rashad Johnson and Michael Hamlin, though I know we won't. Still, those two would definitely help solidify a very weak and unimpressive safety corp.

I would also like to add CB Joe Burnett in either the 4th or 5th round to round out our CB group......Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, Burnett

All three of these prospects are ballhawking, turnover machines.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2438497 said:
I actually wouldnt mind getting Rashad Johnson and Michael Hamlin, though I know we won't. Still, those two would definitely help solidify a very weak and unimpressive safety corp.

I would also like to add CB Joe Burnett in either the 4th or 5th round to round out our CB group......Newman, Jenkins, Scandrick, Burnett

All three of these prospects are ballhawking, turnover machines.

I'm starting to like Burnett's teammate, Sh'areef something or another, better as a corner

but as the total package, I like that Burnett can return kicks and punts very well

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2438654 said:
then hell, I want him as my safety pick, either him or McBath

don't think Johnson gets to us

Let's say Johnson, Chancellor, and Chung are all there in the 2nd when we pick....who would you choose?

Let's say Mickens is there....do you take him over a safety?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2438704 said:
Let's say Johnson, Chancellor, and Chung are all there in the 2nd when we pick....who would you choose?

Let's say Mickens is there....do you take him over a safety?

Johnson

btw, you know where I can find individual stats for Div1A players?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2438199 said:

Yet another in the long line of intelligent comebacks!
I forgot your love affair with Roy williams, you still think h'es a great safety and better then Hamlin I forgot!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2437487 said:
BINGO, me too, I would like to get either a pure ball hawking F.S. and move Hamlin to S.S. or else get a tweener, meaning a guy who can play either S.S. or F.S., meaning we can put him in at S.S. and he's good enough to play the run but is also a very good coverage guy, I'd prefer to grab Patrick Chung if he falls to us, if Raji is off the board, I'd go for Chung and then load up on D-lineman with our next 2-3 picks and then grab some O-lineman.

I don't think Chung has the range to play FS and he's far from a ball hawk.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2439614 said:
I don't think Chung has the range to play FS and he's far from a ball hawk.

Well that's fine, cause if we drafted Chung, I'd want him playing S.S. anyway and not F.S.!
I never said he was a ballhawk by the way, you misread what I said.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2438367 said:
Hamlin is a fast guy, but definitely a SS, he's actually very similar to our Hamlin

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having another Hamlin type player at SS.