SS Michael Hamlin

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2438704 said:
Let's say Johnson, Chancellor, and Chung are all there in the 2nd when we pick....who would you choose?

Let's say Mickens is there....do you take him over a safety?

I'd take Chung, he's just as good in coverage as he is in run support and would come in and start from day 1.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2449756 said:
I'd take Chung, he's just as good in coverage as he is in run support and would come in and start from day 1.

I take Johnson....it isn't even close...I have watched Oregon twice, and never heard Chung's name called. I have watched Alabama 5-6 times, and in every game, I saw him making plays. It got to the point where I was wishing he would stop making plays cause he was making his stock go to high for us to get him in the late 2nd.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2449824 said:
I take Johnson....it isn't even close...I have watched Oregon twice, and never heard Chung's name called. I have watched Alabama 5-6 times, and in every game, I saw him making plays. It got to the point where I was wishing he would stop making plays cause he was making his stock go to high for us to get him in the late 2nd.

So his stock is lower then a 2nd rounder now, and Chung has ALWAYS Been a solid 2nd round prospect, and you say you'd take Johnson and it isn't even close?
If it wasn't even close, Johnson would have to ba a top 15 prospect to make it NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Oh but that's right, you saw a whopping TWO GAMES with Chung and never heard his name called, I forgot!
You ever think that could be a GOOD THING?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2450084 said:
So his stock is lower then a 2nd rounder now, and Chung has ALWAYS Been a solid 2nd round prospect, and you say you'd take Johnson and it isn't even close?
If it wasn't even close, Johnson would have to ba a top 15 prospect to make it NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Oh but that's right, you saw a whopping TWO GAMES with Chung and never heard his name called, I forgot!
You ever think that could be a GOOD THING?

Or it could be a bad thing, no tackles, no passes defended, no turnovers forced.....

Also, I will take a defensive player from the SEC over a defensive player from the Pac 1 anyday of the week.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2450094 said:
Or it could be a bad thing, no tackles, no passes defended, no turnovers forced.....

True, or it could mean he had no passes defensedcause the QQ.B. never threw to the guy he was covering cause he had such tight coverage.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2450260 said:
True, or it could mean he had no passes defensedcause the QQ.B. never threw to the guy he was covering cause he had such tight coverage.

check out Oregon's rankings vs the pass and you'll know that it isn't likely

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2450276 said:
check out Oregon's rankings vs the pass and you'll know that it isn't likely

LOL what does that prove???
For all I know their C.B.'s suck and their other safety sucks and they got no pass rush maybe, there are a TON of other factors in play and it proves NOTHING at all about how he plays INDIVIDUALLY.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2450094 said:
Also, I will take a defensive player from the SEC over a defensive player from the Pac 1 anyday of the week.

I guess you wouldn't of liked Demarcus Ware being from Troy State either, right?

I"d alos take a safet who's 6' 210 pounds then 6' 185 pounds if they're gonna be playing safety in the NFL!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2450299 said:
LOL what does that prove???
For all I know their C.B.'s suck and their other safety sucks and they got no pass rush maybe, there are a TON of other factors in play and it proves NOTHING at all about how he plays INDIVIDUALLY.

Just my opinion, Chung will be a one dimensional safety in the NFL. Maybe not a liability in coverege ala Roy "what's that smell....oh burnt toast" Williams, but I don't think he'll be a playmaker in the passing game. Chung in a pass happy conference has 6 pass deflections and 1 int.

Rashard Johnson, imo is leaps and bounds a better prospects, why because he's a ball hawk, and play maker in the passing game, which is what teams look for more so than an in the box safety. Rashard Johnson has 10 pass deflections and 5 ints, so it really is a no contest imo. Even if you look at the past 2 years, Rashad Johnson has 8 pass deflections and 6 ints, so he's been consistent for the last 2 years. Chung on the other hand had 7 pass deflections and 2 ints. Slightly better, but his numbers still indicate that he's one dimensional.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
IMO, the better comparison is Patrick Chung and Michael Hamlin. Both guys are strong safties, but I think Hamlin is better in the coverege department. He has great size at 6'3 and he's got good speed. On he's shown that he's more of a playmaker in the passing game

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2450260 said:

He is a strong safety, they are not usually in one on one coverage....he is supposed to be the help guy.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2450311 said:
I guess you wouldn't of liked Demarcus Ware being from Troy State either, right?

I"d alos take a safet who's 6' 210 pounds then 6' 185 pounds if they're gonna be playing safety in the NFL!

What does Ware have to do with a Pac 1 vs SEC? why do you always try to avert the conversation. stay on task please.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2450471 said:
What does Ware have to do with a Pac 1 vs SEC? why do you always try to avert the conversation. stay on task please.

Just a point that just cause a guy went to such and such a school over someone else who went to a better school or more prominent and what not doesn't neccessarily mean he's better thant the other person who went to the other school is all.
I used Ware cause he's the best defensive player in the NFL and went to Troy State, so SCHOOL doesn't really relate to hwo good oyu will be in the pro's is all.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2450465 said:
He is a strong safety, they are not usually in one on one coverage....he is supposed to be the help guy.

WHAT?
S.S.'s are not usually in one on one?
Anyway, he plays Rover for the ducks but his best pro position will be S.S.!

I'm not gonna argue, your reasons for not liking him is cause u watched 2 games and didn't hear his name called, that's a very limited reason on why you don't like him and like Johnson better.
My guess is if you reversed it, only watched 2 games of Johnson and 9 games of Chung, you'd have a different opinion IMO.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Cherry;2464403 said:
I Love Roy... But Something We Just Got To Let Go...

Oh I think everyone knows Roys gone, especially since it seems like Keith Davis has done abetter job then Roy has ever done replacing him since Roy's rookie season tells you how much Roy's play has declined.
Davis aint' lighting it up by any means, I'd like another top notch athlete ball hawk back to pair with Hamlin, but Davis isn't making mental mistakes like roy and certainly isn't getting burned BADLY week in and week out 5 times a game like Roy used too.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
Michael Hamlin is the real deal. As a Clemson fan, I've seen him play 40+ times either on TV or in person over the last four seasons. He is a prototype safety and he has a knack for being in the right spot at the right time. He's not getting a whole lot of attention because of the way Clemson has underachieved this year but don't let that fool you. He will be a starter for someone on Sunday next season so it might as well be us.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Yeah , I gotta agree , Hamlin is solid . I like Chung a lot too , but Hamlin is just a play maker .