News: ST: Bailey thinks his miss may have been tipped: 'You look up, and it's not exactly going...

NewsBot

Reaction score
When Dan Bailey missed a 35-yard field goal in the third quarter, it was a rare event. It was only his second miss ever at AT&T Stadium, but his first “true” miss at home. The other home miss was a block of a 47-yard kick by the Giants in 2011.

This one may have been blocked, also.

“It actually got tipped,” Bailey said. “It’s kind of one of those things. You hear and see the ball when you make contact, then you hear something else, and you look up, and it’s not exactly going where you thought it was going to be.”

Before the miss, Bailey, undrafted out of Oklahoma State three years ago, was 7-for-7 on the season and 68-for-75 in his career. He had missed only once under 40 yards, when he missed a 21-yarder at San Francisco as a rookie.

Of his other six previous misses, four had been 50-plus attempts on the road and one was a 49-yard attempt on the road.

“But yeah, I mean, it’s just frustrating,” Bailey said. “I like to think I make them all. It is what it is. Try to make the next one.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Continue reading...