News: ST: Cowboys LB DeVonte Holloman dreamed about game-turning pick six on ride to the Hall of...

NewsBot

Reaction score
Rookie linebacker DeVonte Holloman made the game-turning play of the Cowboys 24-20 victory against the Miami Dolphins with a 75-yard interception return for a touchdown in the second quarter of the Sunday's Hall of Fame game.
It was literally a dream come true for Holloman who envisioned doing such a thing on the ride to game. He even dreamed up a celebration that he scratched in the euphoria of the moment.
"I thought about it the whole way here and it actually happened," Holloman said. "I had a celebration in my mind but I was overwhelmed and decided to celebrate with my teammates."
It was Holloman's first ever interception return for a touchdown even though was a safety for part of his career in college at South Carolina.
"I always got down to the ten or 12 so it was exciting to finally get in there," Holloman said. "I thought the quarterback was going to get me. I kept saying, 'Don't get me, don't get me.' He layed out and I was able to stiff arm him."
The play was a perfect example of the Cowboys coaching emphasis on forcing turnovers and Holloman's athleticism and smarts.
"They had been throwing the quick game routes," Holloman said. "The receiver just tipped it up to me and I caught it and took off running."
"It was fantastic, a really great play by him. When guys are defending the football, really swarming to defend the run and the pass, good things are going to happen. He made a great play on the ball and a heck of a run."
Clarence HIll

Continue reading...