News: ST: Cowboys like that defensive end pickup Jarius Wynn has been playing

NewsBot

Reaction score
Defensive end Jarius Wynn’s recent experience is one reason why the Cowboys signed him off the street.

“That’s certainly a big factor,” coach Jason Garrett said Wednesday. “There are a lot of guys who are really good players, but they haven’t been playing football in a long time. You know, if they haven’t gone to training camp or hadn’t been with a team this year, you’re really starting from scratch with those guys, regardless of what their experience has been.”

Wynn, 27, is a five-year veteran with 7.5 sacks in 35 games for the Green Bay Packers, Tennessee Titans and San Diego Chargers. He was a sixth-round pick of the Packers in 2009 out of Georgia.

He was released after Week 5 by the Chargers. His one sack this year came in Week 2 at Philadelphia.

“Jarius has been a guy who’s played this year, and he was available to us,” Garrett said. “We’ve known him a little bit from his tape, both this year and coming out of school. And we just kind of like him. We’re going to put him into the mix and see how fast he can pick things up.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Continue reading...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I think he makes an impact. Not like a probowl impact. But a guy who can create pressure and rotate in and out which makes me feel better about the line. I know it would be nice to have a couple of blue chip guys out there but I think with the scheme and RM these guys will hustle and hopefully make an impact as a unit.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'm sure Wynn kind of appreciates that.

At this point in time, I think Wynn appreciates anything he can get. Beggars can't be choosers. And with the way other teams' scraps have been performing for the Cowboys on the line, he has a golden opportunity to show something. This is a good scheme for the DL to attack. And he has some experience playing Philly this year. So, he might bring some extra advice for preparation.

Good luck to Wynn.

adam3313

Reaction score
How did Wynn do against us in Week 4? Anyone have the tape to check that out?

erod

Reaction score
Translation: We've already purged Home Depot dry, so we grabbed the first warm body we could find.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Great to see he is stepping it up. Love to see Jason Vega given a shot.