News: ST: Cowboys lose Church and Claiborne to hamstring injuries, but both hope to play next week

NewsBot

Reaction score
Three starters were inactive, and the Cowboys lost two more during the game.

Running back DeMarco Murray (knee) and defensive end DeMarcus Ware (thigh) missed their second consecutive games and receiver Miles Austin (hamstring) sat out for the third time in five games.

Murray returned to practice last week but was limited. The Cowboys rushed for 62 yards on 26 carries in his absence, with rookie Joseph Randle gaining 26 on 14 totes.

“I think DeMarco Murray could have gone,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. “I don’t know what risk we would have taken with him, but he could have gone.”

Ware had never missed a game in his career until last week. He said he did not test his quadriceps before the game.

“It’s just a day-to-day thing,” Ware said. “I don’t know for sure [when I’ll play].”

Cornerback Morris Claiborne (hamstring) and safety Barry Church (hamstring) didn’t finish the game.

“I’m feeling pretty good,” Church said. “I just strained my right hammy a little bit. I should be right back next week.”

Claiborne has had an injury-plagued season. He dislocated his shoulder in the season opener, forcing him to play with a harness.

“That’s life,” Claiborne said. “I don’t think [his hamstring is] as bad. I think it’s one of those precaution things not to hurt it any worse than what it was already hurting.”

-- Charean Williams

Continue reading...

jrumann59

Reaction score
I do not know who is in charge of strength and conditioning but this guy needs to be fired. All these muscle related injures that can be at least mitigated by stretching and yet we have a ton of pulled hammy's, quads, groins. ***

silver

Reaction score
“I think DeMarco Murray could have gone,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. “I don’t know what risk we would have taken with him, but he could have gone.”
Coach Jones questioning yet another starter's toughness.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Coach Jones questioning yet another starter's toughness.

I think he was questioning the coaching staff who sat Murray.

Jerrah is getting closer to admitting his mistake and canning Garrett