Signed by Cowboys ST: Cowboys promote OL Ryan Seymour from the practice squad

lkelly

Reaction score
What happened to La'el Collins?

From the article:
"Seymour’s stay on the active roster likely turns into a short one. The Cowboys expect to place left guard La’el Collins back on the active roster from injured reserve for the playoffs. Collins played in the first three games before injuring his right big toe, which eventually required surgery."

Seymour's probably stoked because he can now get a ring should Dallas win the Super Bowl.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What happened to La'el Collins?
Odd, the article claims they will activate Collins for the playoffs, but it they were going to do that, then why not now?

I wonder who was cut to add Seymour.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They never IR'd Claiborne so either they expect him back by January 14th/15th or he is not healing as expected.

Collins will be activated after Sunday, like many have suggested.

The real question mark will be Gregory.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Odd, the article claims they will activate Collins for the playoffs, but it they were going to do that, then why not now?

I wonder who was cut to add Seymour.

I doubt the Cowboys would activate Collins to play in the meaningless Eagle game. Why risk a setback or injury. Just let Collins get two more weeks to heal.

I guess Seymour takes Mayle's place on the roster.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt the Cowboys would activate Collins to play in the meaningless Eagle game. Why risk a setback or injury. Just let Collins get two more weeks to heal.

I guess Seymour takes Mayle's place on the roster.
If his injury is so close that two more weeks of healing is needed, then I would just keep him on IR and make absolutely certain that they are not pushing his injury. Those toe injuries can linger on if not handled carefully.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised the Cowboys went with Seymour over tackle Clay DeBord. If something were to happen to Emmett Cleary on Sunday the Cowboys would have to play somebody out of position at tackle.

Of course, Seymour will also allow Ronald Leary (back) to get some extra rest, so it's all good.

links18

Reaction score
CHAMPIONSHIP!

Romo might be a little scared right now though. in fact, if I was a conspiracy theorist, I would say this move is designed to get Romo to rethink his "I want to play" stance. :laugh:

irishline

Reaction score
Now we just need to sign ex-Charger running back Marion Butts' son and we can finally challenge this legendary classic:

5ae79a_544c7f69cf05482590c238296876209e~mv2.jpg