News: ST: Dez excited to get back to work

NewsBot

Reaction score
The All-Pro receiver returned to practice on a limited basis Wednesday, the first time since injuring his knee Sept. 25 that he worked in individual drills.

“It felt good,” Bryant said. “Of course, it’s something minor. But at the same time, even if I didn’t go Sunday, this is much needed. I need to get that work in and I need to be ready to go whenever I get back. So it was much needed.”

The Cowboys’ 4-1 record combined with next week’s bye could factor into the team holding Bryant out until the Oct. 30 game against the Eagles. While Bryant wants to play, he also understands the conservative approach after not playing a single game at 100 percent last season because of foot, ankle and knee injuries.

“Don’t have to worry about making it worse, which I feel like I can’t at this point,” Bryant said of the possibility of sitting a third consecutive week. “It’s only getting better. What we’ve got going on here is extremely amazing, and you don’t want to force anything.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article107890542.html#storylink=cpy
Click to Continue »

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez needs to get back to work and stop talking about needing to get back to work.

Am I doing that right? That felt right, but it didn't feel indignant enough for some reason. Maybe if he'd tweeted it?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dez needs to get back to work and stop talking about needing to get back to work.

Am I doing that right? That felt right, but it didn't feel indignant enough for some reason. Maybe if he'd tweeted it?

Idgit you funny my dude..lol

Almost though, more like that "thug" needs to not where a sleeveless hoodie on the sideline! It's hurting his ability to get back to work! If he wore a suit his bone would heal so much faster! What a loser! Not classy always chirping and skipping meetings! I know that video exists and Jerrah is covering it up and paid people off! Cut him! Nothing but a distraction he is a bum with lack of production! I could've played on a broken foot and a fracture bone in my knee! What a pansy and the worst contract in Cowboys history! Oh and boy that Twill is showing everyone we don't need Dez! he is a true #1

Just like that

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit you funny my dude..lol

Almost though, more like that "thug" needs to not where a sleeveless hoodie on the sideline! It's hurting his ability to get back to work! If he wore a suit his bone would heal so much faster! What a loser! Not classy always chirping and skipping meetings! I know that video exists and Jerrah is covering it up and paid people off! Cut him! Nothing but a distraction he is a bum with lack of production! I could've played on a broken foot and a fracture bone in my knee! What a pansy and the worst contract in Cowboys history! Oh and boy that Twill is showing everyone we don't need Dez! he is a true #1

Just like that

See, yours seemed more right than mine did. I _wanted_ him to quit talking and get back to work, but I think secretly I was happy he was getting back to work at the same time, and that sort of stole some of my thunder.

But you reminding me just now about him wearing sleeveless Cowboys thug hoodies to a football game got my dander up....

...And, I t's down now. At my age it's hard to keep that dander up. Oh, well. Maybe Tony will wear his hat backwards after the bye and that'll do it for me.

LOBO7

Reaction score
If he could get back to 100% it would be HUGE.
Another head ache for our opponents. Helps everyone.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When you stop and think about it, it's amazing what Dak is doing with this offense without Dez on the field.

I actually think Dez will be a better player when he returns to the line up.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
When you stop and think about it, it's amazing what Dak is doing with this offense without Dez on the field.

Yep. It's not getting enough press how amazing it is he's doing this without Dez being out there.

Reaction score

If I have one criticism of Tony Romo, it's that he looks for Dez and Witten too much. That makes it easier for defenses to adjust accordingly.

Dak hasn't been doing that. He's thrown to everybody: Butler, Beazley, Williams, Witten, even Swaim. He's making it tougher for defenses to focus on any one receiver. Dak simply goes elsewhere with the ball. Hopefully he keeps doing that even if Dez returns.

I think that's why this offense is working even without Dez in the lineup.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If I have one criticism of Tony Romo, it's that he looks for Dez and Witten too much. That makes it easier for defenses to adjust accordingly.

Dak hasn't been doing that. He's thrown to everybody: Butler, Beazley, Williams, Witten, even Swaim. He's making it tougher for defenses to focus on any one receiver. Dak simply goes elsewhere with the ball. Hopefully he keeps doing that even if Dez returns.

I completely disagree. One of Tony's biggest strengths is that he spreads the ball around so well.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Not to turn this into another Dak v. Romo thread, but I agree with you. Beasley has seen more action with Dak at quarterback than he has in high school.

Dak is distributing the ball well and isn't focused on one receiver. In fact, I've noticed that Witten doesn't get the ball as much as he usually does with Romo.

I'm interested to see what happens when Romo gets back in the lineup.

Reaction score

What you are seeing from posters is that since Dez signed his huge deal, he simply has not produced to the level he did pre-contract. When players are signed to massive deals. people expect better number s and more production. It hasn't happened.

Sure. Most of it is not Dez's fault. Hes been hurt and the QB carousel last year was a joke. But that does not lessen the frustration of many. And you see that in many of the posts. They may talk about sleeveless hoodies, chains, etc. But what you are seeing is the frustration that he is not producing as expected. Fair or not, I think that's what we are reading.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
What you are seeing from posters is that since Dez signed his huge deal, he simply has not produced to the level he did pre-contract. When players are signed to massive deals. people expect better number s and more production. It hasn't happened.

Sure. Most of it is not Dez's fault. Hes been hurt and the QB carousel last year was a joke. But that does not lessen the frustration of many. And you see that in many of the posts. They may talk about sleeveless hoodies, chains, etc. But what you are seeing is the frustration that he is not producing as expected. Fair or not, I think that's what we are reading.

While you hit the nail on the head people need to put this in perspective. It;s not like he justs all of a sudden sucks.

Reaction score
I completely disagree. One of Tony's biggest strengths is that he spreads the ball around so well.
I don't think so. Beazley's more involved. Butler is more involved. So is Williams. Witten is less involved.

Romo does distribute the ball. But not to the level that Dak does, IMO.

Reaction score
While you hit the nail on the head people need to put this in perspective. It;s not like he justs all of a sudden sucks.
No, he doesn't all of a sudden suck.

People want to see the Dez of 2013 and 2014 and not what we've seen lately. Especially with the money he is making. And again, it's not all his fault.

If Dez starts playing like he did 2-3 years ago, all this goes away.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so. Beazley's more involved. Butler is more involved. So is Williams. Witten is less involved.

Romo does distribute the ball. But not to the level that Dak does, IMO.
Beasley's more involved, because he improved in the offense. Butler is more involved because 1) he knows the offense now (his words) and 2) Dez is out. T-Will is always involved, but he disappears and doesn't always get open.

i think Witten is actually MORE involved this year. He's a QB's safety net.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're probably right. I'd have no beef with anybody unhappy with his production, btw. Injuries and bad QBs or not, it's been suboptimal given the size of the deal he signed.