News: ST: Dez excited to get back to work

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No, he doesn't all of a sudden suck.

People want to see the Dez of 2013 and 2014 and not what we've seen lately. Especially with the money he is making. And again, it's not all his fault.

If Dez starts playing like he did 2-3 years ago, all this goes away.

I'd like to agree with this, but it won't and hasn't since he first came into the league. He has been attacked relentlessly by fans and media with false accusations and hate with his speech or unable to "learn" the playbook, or disappearing in games, saggy pants, signing a contract and breaking bones etc. It will never go away.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Dez needs to get back to work and stop talking about needing to get back to work.

Am I doing that right? That felt right, but it didn't feel indignant enough for some reason. Maybe if he'd tweeted it?

Sooo close.

Should've ended it with @#DEZSMACKTALKS and then drop the mike.

"Missed it by that much".............. In my best Get Smart voice

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You're probably right. I'd have no beef with anybody unhappy with his production, btw. Injuries and bad QBs or not, it's been suboptimal given the size of the deal he signed.

Not our money it's a moot point, and why anyone cares what he makes and who pays his wages is beyond me. As far as I'm concerned it isn't my business therefore I am disappointed that he's broken some bones, but it's out of his control. I could get on board with outrage if these were muscle pulls and nagging injuries, but they are broken bones and fractures.

Reaction score
Not our money it's a moot point, and why anyone cares what he makes and who pays his wages is beyond me.
The issue is not that it's Jerry's money. The issue is the salary cap.

If you have a receiver (or any other player for that matter) making $14 million a year and not contributing, you will get posters who will say:

"Get rid of the $14 million a year receiver, sign a $3 million a year receiver who produces the same and spend the rest of the money on defense. That makes us a better team"

You may or may not agree with that statement, but it is a defensable argument. A lot of what discussion boards are all about is how do you make your favorite team better.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The issue is not that it's Jerry's money. The issue is the salary cap.

If you have a receiver (or any other player for that matter) making $14 million a year and not contributing, you will get posters who will say:

"Get rid of the $14 million a year receiver, sign a $3 million a year receiver who produces the same and spend the rest of the money on defense. That makes us a better team"

You may or may not agree with that statement, but it is a defensible argument.

If he didn't have broken bones and just wasn't producing you would be correct.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not our money it's a moot point, and why anyone cares what he makes and who pays his wages is beyond me. As far as I'm concerned it isn't my business therefore I am disappointed that he's broken some bones, but it's out of his control. I could get on board with outrage if these were muscle pulls and nagging injuries, but they are broken bones and fractures.

It's not our money, but he is taking up cap dollars we could otherwise use to improve the team. I get the frustration with the injuries right after the big contract. I just wish it didn't take the form of complaining about sleeves, or about twitter.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It's not our money, but he is taking up cap dollars we could otherwise use to improve the team. I get the frustration with the injuries right after the big contract. I just wish it didn't take the form of complaining about sleeves, or about twitter.

His contract is market value, IMO the problem the Cowboys have had is paying older players and having to eat those contracts. They have changed philosophy on spending big in FA it's been obvious the last 3-4 years. There is no guarantee that they would've used that money to sign big name FA like Vernon or Norman etc...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to agree with this, but it won't and hasn't since he first came into the league. He has been attacked relentlessly by fans and media with false accusations and hate with his speech or unable to "learn" the playbook, or disappearing in games, saggy pants, signing a contract and breaking bones etc. It will never go away.

Right....
When he goes off for 8 catches, 150 yards, and 3 TD's...and does something similar in several games or more...people will just find something else to complain about with him.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Right....
When he goes off for 8 catches, 150 yards, and 3 TD's...and does something similar in several games or more...people will just find something else to complain about with him.

I guess I will never understand it, how often has he actually attacked fans unlike beasley on Twitter? But you never see 7-10 page threads about that. He just isn't liked.