News: ST: Jason Garrett: It was different not calling plays for the first time but the mechanics...

NewsBot

Reaction score
The preseason opener against the Miami Dolphins marked the first time coach Jason Garrett didn't call plays for the Cowboys since 2007.
He handed over play-calling duties to offensive coordinator Bill Callahan in the off season as he focuses on being a walk-around coach.
He said the mechanics were good as far as first outings go but they still have things to work out.
"I thought the mechanics were good," Garrett said. "We did have a few errors in the game for a variety of reasons but I thought for the most part we handled it well. We've still got to clean some stuff up. For me it was little different because i wasn't directly involved but just like a lot of stuff this off season it allowed me to step back and coach the whole team. I've always tried to do that but when you are calling plays you are occupied doing that as well. The conversations were good on the offensive side of the ball, the defensive side of the ball and on special teams."
Clarence Hill

Continue reading...