News: ST: Justin Durant among the celebrities to participate in the Dessie Brown Celebrity Hoops game

NewsBot

Reaction score
Free agent linebacker Justin Durant is still getting to know the Dallas Cowboys defensive scheme and his new teammates.

But that hasn't stopped the seven-year veteran, who signed with the Cowboys in March, from trying to get involved in the community and connect with Cowboys fans.

Durant interacts daily with fans on his popular Twitter account. He will be taking it a step further on Saturday with his participation in the Dessie Brown Celebrity Basketball game at the Greenville (Tx) High School gym.

Durant's involvement didn't come through the Cowboys community relations department but via outreach through his own marketing team. He credits his mother for helping him realize the importance of getting involved in the community and giving back.

"I wasn't like that when I first got in the league," Durant said. "I was young and all about myself. My mom she sat me down. She brought me back to what she raised me to be. She is real big in the community. She loves to help people out. I'm trying to do the same."

The celebrity game, which benefits the Billy and Eddie Stigger's Scholarship fund for Greenville High School seniors, begins at 5 p.m. on Saturday.

Other celebrities set to play in the game include Pro Bowl linebacker Von Miller of the Denver Broncos and former Cowboys receiver Jesse Holley.

Go to www.dessiebrown.com for more information on the event.

Clarence Hill

Continue reading...