St. Louis could end up with an expansion team. What should it be named?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
IM all for expansion. This country's thirst for NFL football is never ending. The more cities with teams, the better. Dont tell me there isnt enough talent... there is. Opportunities are what is needed. Amazing how RBs go down left and right, and pow, someone comes off the bench and kicks butt.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Silver backs seems weird to me…I get there aren’t lions in Detroit or Tigers in Cincy, but I feel like teams these days tend to go with names that fit the region.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Silver backs seems weird to me…I get there aren’t lions in Detroit or Tigers in Cincy, but I feel like teams these days tend to go with names that fit the region.
St Louis Gangsters it is.

I'm from the area...moved away years ago. It's a crime infested, #&$hole.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-rams-relocation-case-with-an-expansion-team/

With a new team the city could pick a totally new, cool name.

I like St Louis Silverbacks. The logo would be a snarling Silverback Gorilla, maybe like drooling and screaming, maybe biting someone's leg off. Who knows.

St Louis Bombers is being floated around in various corners of the internet, as well as St Louis Stallions.

I'd also be up for some totally mythical legend or ancient type thing too. St Louis Squatches, Dragons, Ogres, Cyclops, Monsters, Mammoths. The Ozark Howler legend isn't too far away. There was a legend of a large ape like monster in the 70s, too.

What would you pick?
City does not deserve a team. They lost 2 all ready.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
St. Louis's claim to fame is that they consume more BBQ sauce than any other city in the country.

So with that in mind.... I even have the logo....

barbecue_stlouis_logo.png

Let's be real. This theme alone guarantees you half the NFL party crowd.

Thursday Night Football.... Free Ribs Thursdays!

I live Missouri and St Louis BBQ sucks. City crime sucks.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I read an article last week I think that said there is a serial killer on the loose in STL that is targeting sex workers. Maybe they could tie in a team name from that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then they should have left the Rams there

The Rams are where they belong. They never should have moved to St Louis in the first place. But St Louis proved they could support an NFL team. The owner just got greedy.

LA is never going to support SD. There is no fanbase there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the add an expansion team, they will eventually need to add another team. Odd number of teams do not work.
So what would be another city as a possibility.
Also what teams would be possible to move.

Right now none seem on the radar as possible teams to move. Though Buffalo is wanting a new stadium.

I said a while ago, St. Louis would be top of the list for a team.
I can’t see San Antonio getting one. As that has floated around for years.
Would Oakland try to get another team? Or just wait for the Raiders to move again. :muttley:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I like how the best argument PFT put forth regarding a change in the number of teams is, "Well, it happened before". That's not a good reason to do something.

If the NFL would promise a new team within, for example, five or 10 or 15 years, the league would likely find another place to park a new team, bumping the league from 32 to 34 franchises. That would disrupt the simplicity and symmetry of the current configuration of teams, but the league lacked those things for decades before 2002.

jrumann59

Reaction score
St. Louis Riverboats, St Louis Soon to Be Vacants, Missouri's reach slaughterhouse history, St. Louis or Missouri Longhorns,