News: ST: Romo 'probably unlikely' for mandatory mini-camp next week, Jerry Jones says

NewsBot

Reaction score
It doesn’t look like quarterback Tony Romo will be available for mini-camp next week.

Owner Jerry Jones said “probably unlikely” when asked Tuesday about Romo’s status for the mandatory practices.

“I don’t know. We’re probably going to be real conservative there, and it’s probably unlikely,” he said. “I know I said probably unlikely, but it’s still probably unlikely that he’ll be in minicamp.”

Romo has not practiced in the OTA sessions because he is recovering from surgery to remove a cyst in his back. When the Cowboys announced he would not take part in OTAs, they said it was possible he could work in the minicamp.

Jones said Romo is recovering as expected. The surgery was in April. The Cowboys have not said exactly when.

“He’s coming along great,” Jones said. “He’s going to be ready to go and have his strength and conditioning in great shape. And of course, he’s spending all kinds of time looking at tape and doing the kinds of things that he wants to be doing to get ready for the season.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Continue reading...