News: ST: Stephen Jones: There is no need to make a move with Josh Brent yet, his situation will...

NewsBot

Reaction score
Cowboys vice-president Stephen Jones said the team is in no hurry to make a move with defensive tackle Josh Brent _ even though he is facing intoxication manslaughter charges for his role in the death of practice-squad linebacker Jerry Brown.
His trial is set for September and he faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted.
There is no chance Brent plays with the Cowboys in 2013 yet he remains on the team's active roster

"Josh’s situation is obviously one that will take care of itself," Jones said. "He’s working through his legal issues and I’m sure the NFL and the Cowboys at that point will know where we stand."
Asked if the Cowboys would make a roster move before camp so they can use Brent's spot for another players, Jones said the team will continue to monitor the situation.
The big question is to why Brent is still on the roster at all, considering his legal situation and the recent problem of failing a drug test, went unanswered by Jones.
"I don’t have any comment other than what I said," Jones said. "We’ll monitor what happens legally and go from there."|
Clarence Hill

Continue reading...