News: ST: Ware to sit out mini camp as he continues to rehab but says he will be ready for training...

NewsBot

Reaction score
Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Ware will miss mini camp next week as he continues to rehab from off season shoulder surgery.
Ware did not participate in any of the team's OTA workouts the past three weeks. But the seven-time Pro Bowler said he should be good to go when the Cowboys report to training camp in July.
"I'm still not clear yet from the physicians," Ware said Thursday. "I feel good. But I'm not 100 percent. I still got a ocuple of months to recover and be ready for camp. I will be good by then."
Ware doesn't know if he will be 100 percent clear to start camp but he believes he will good enough to go that he won't be put on the physically unable to perform list when camp opens.
"I might be limited but I will be ready for camp," Ware said.
Ware would like to be out there with his teammates learning the new defense but said he hasn't missed much because Monte Kiffin's 4-3 scheme is much simpler than the 3-4 they had under the fired Rob Ryan. Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Ware has done his part to stay involved despite not being on the field.
"I think he's done a great job," Garrett said. "We've had a number of guys coming off surgery in the offseason. We're very cautious with those players. We ask them to do what they can do so DeMarcus and a number of the other guys have been involved in individual periods. We kept them out of competitive situations. He responded well. He's working hard in his rehab and his treatment and we fully expect him to be ready to go in camp."
Ware, who is also moving from linebacker to defensive end, said its an easier transition then when he had to learn Ryan's 3-4 scheme.
"You go to the 3-4 and it's a lot of terminology," Ware said. "You got to learn more about offenses and dropping. You got to learn the rush coverage. Now I'm playing defensive end there is only one thing I have to do and that's pass rush and how the offense is going to attack us so the half the weight of learning stuff is gone. It's more technique stuff than anything."

Clarence Hill

Continue reading...