Stafford is better than Dak

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But that’s why he’s so valuable, he has a great contract for teams trading for him!

Of his 160m$ over 4 years, 66m$ of it was signing bonus required to be paid by Dallas within 30 days of signing the deal. His new team doesn’t need to pay him that twice. That prorated to 16.5m$ per year of the 40m$ in his total.

That means any team that trades for Dak will only inherit a cap hit of 24.5m$ per year, a PHENOMENAL deal for a pro bowl caliber QB in 2022.
You've given me hope today.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think Stafford is better than Dak. But I thought that before he went to the Rams. I've always considered Stafford at Tony Romo's level. Not with the elite QBs, but just below them. Dak is just below all of them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As everyone should know by now, the team around a QB makes all the difference.

Reciting team record and saying its a QB record just shows someone still doesn't understand this.

Even 3 ring Aikman, when on bad teams, led those teams to awful records

Blackspider214

Reaction score
False. McVay shows up in big games. This has zero to do with Stafford and everything to do with McVay. You do realize this coach took a terrible QB in Goff to the Super Bowl and fooled everyone to think he is a great QB and got a huge contract because of it. So with that logic, is Goff now stuck in Detroit and better?

It took Stafford over a decade to even win a division title. Let's not pretend Detroit was some wasteland. They went to the playoffs at nearly the same pace as Dallas when Stafford and Romo were there. He choked away that playoff game to Dallas in 2014.

He is exactly the same QB but now plays with McVay who can hide his flaws and scheme to his strengths.

Had Stafford came here, we would be in the same position as we are now. Playoff losers.

And in true Stafford fashion, he gets a big lead and then his offenses turn to junk in the 2nd half and loses the lead. He allowed Tampa to erase a 27-3 lead in a little over a qtr. Lucky for him, Tampa decided not to cover the best WR in the game over the top to save a choke job in the making.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What a stupid QB allowing his RB to fumble and his kicker to miss.
Yeah, that was a really silly take.
And the RBs or WRs lost THREE fumbles and the center sent a snap flying too. lol

Stafford has been great in both playoff games so far.
6 TDs, no turnovers, and 2 team wins.

But don't worry, if he has a down game some will say "told you so" and completely ignore the other two performances.
It's a familiar theme
Remember the bad, forget the good

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Matt Stafford has more natural arm talent and QB skill than Dak could every dream to have. If Dak played in Detroit for a decade like Stafford, they’d have way more than 1 winless seasons
Well sucks for you that you have to root for Dak Prescott.

DFWJC

Reaction score
False. McVay shows up in big games. This has zero to do with Stafford and everything to do with McVay. You do realize this coach took a terrible QB in Goff to the Super Bowl and fooled everyone to think he is a great QB and got a huge contract because of it. So with that logic, is Goff now stuck in Detroit and better?

It took Stafford over a decade to even win a division title. Let's not pretend Detroit was some wasteland. They went to the playoffs at nearly the same pace as Dallas when Stafford and Romo were there. He choked away that playoff game to Dallas in 2014.

He is exactly the same QB but now plays with McVay who can hide his flaws and scheme to his strengths.

Had Stafford came here, we would be in the same position as we are now. Playoff losers.

And in true Stafford fashion, he gets a big lead and then his offenses turn to junk in the 2nd half and loses the lead. He allowed Tampa to erase a 27-3 lead in a little over a qtr. Lucky for him, Tampa decided not to cover the best WR in the game over the top to save a choke job in the making.
I don't think so....but if told me I can't prove it, you'd be 100% right
No time machine handy

He's just better...imo
And given the roster we have had the last several years--on offense especially, of course---I think we would have 1-2 more playoff wins before getting eliminated.

No way of knowing for sure though!

So not really worth debating the theoretical.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Team game!

Aikman with an awful team around him (Stafford had a few teams on this tragic level)
1991....0-11....worst results ever (1-15 total)

Aikman with a so-so and sometimes bad team around him (Stafford mostly had this or worse)
1990...7-8...no playoffs
1997...6-10....no playoffs
1999...7-7....1 and done
2000...4-7....no playoffs

Aikman with a good team and sometimes very good around him (Stafford had two of these types of teams...in 2014...and now 2021)
1991...7-5...won WC, lost Div Rd
1998...7-4....1 and done

Aikman with a great or even world-class team around him (few QB ever get this level of team)
1992...13-3...won Super Bowl
1993...11-3...won Super Bowl
1994...10-4...lost NFC Champ game
1995...12-4...won Super Bowl
1996...10-5...1 and done

Cmac

Reaction score
.....and the Rams are better than the 'Boys........and overwhelming better than the coaching staff.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Of course Stafford is better. Dak would actually be lucky to have the career Stafford had just with the Lions. Now that he is on a good team, you can see what Stafford is capable of. He's had a great playoff run:

vs. Arizona: 13-17, 202 yards, 2 TDs + 1 rushing TD
at Tampa: 28-38, 366 yards, 2 TDs + 1 rushing TD
vs. SF: 31-45, 337 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT

By the way, all opponents that Dak and the Cowboys could not beat this season