Stanback Impressing in Practice

jchocolate82

Reaction score
I know this was discussed before, but I couldnt help myself to start another thread about it :D . If this is really true and he really is giving our defense fits in practice how long do you think it will be before we start to see him get a few plays here and there in games? Watching him make that acrobatic TD catch in preseason ( Even though it was against scrubs) just made me think of the possibilities he could offer this team as a WR in the future. I wish we could get more info about him

RomoFan4ever

Benched
Reaction score
jchocolate82;1704465 said:
I know this was discussed before, but I couldnt help myself to start another thread about it :D . If this is really true and he really is giving our defense fits in practice how long do you think it will be before we start to see him get a few plays here and there in games? Watching him make that acrobatic TD catch in preseason ( Even though it was against scrubs) just made me think of the possibilities he could offer this team as a WR in the future. I wish we could get more info about him

Can't he play DB?

I was also thinking with Henry out, he may come in, especially with Henry out.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
RomoFan4ever;1704466 said:
Can't he play DB?

From what I heard that was just as scout team in practice cause we needed another body causes of injuries. Having him come in as a DB in game time situations would be a huge liability IMO.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
RomoFan4ever;1704466 said:
Can't he play DB?

No, he has not ever, nor will not ever play DB.

JPM

Reaction score
Stanback impressive ? That's umpossible.

ralphnose.jpg

jchocolate82

Reaction score
When do you guys think our project will see the field. I'm surprised they havent put him in on coverage units yet on ST.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
jchocolate82;1704475 said:
When do you guys think our project will see the field. I'm surprised they havent put him in on coverage units yet on ST.

They need him to start playing deep safety on the punt returns. He ought to be able to chase down the breakaways....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jchocolate82;1704475 said:
If Henry is out against the Vikings (meaning we have an active roster spot open), I'd imagine we get to see Stanback in on some offensive snaps then.

cowboys19

Reaction score
I would like to see him in on a few plays at slot. Could present some challenges for the Pats Linebackers.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
I think someone else mentioned it before, but I think we were expecting to blow thru Buffalo and have him come in and do some mop up snaps against them.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jchocolate82;1704505 said:
I think someone else mentioned it before, but I think we were expecting to blow thru Buffalo and have him come in and do some mop up snaps against them.

Actually, he was active because it was him or one of the oline guys who haven't dressed all year. At least you could see a possible role for Stanback at some point in 5 WR sets or something.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Considering the contributions the Boys are getting from the current third and especially our fourth wideout...I don't see why Stanback doesn't get more snaps.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1704528 said:
Considering the contributions the Boys are getting from the current third and especially our fourth wideout...I don't see why Stanback doesn't get more snaps.

Why should he?

You want a rookie in a timing based offense?

So he can run the wrong route, not make the cut sharp enough, and lead to a TO?

There is no rush to stick him on the field. #1 offense in the league, and not because our WR's our trash

jchocolate82

Reaction score
dargonking999;1704531 said:
Why should he?

There is no rush to stick him on the field. #1 offense in the league, and not because our WR's our trash

he can be put in to run some basic routes in a 4 or 5 WR set. Obviously we wouldnt want to put him in when the game is on the line but doing it during some mop up time wouldnt hurt. Its all about transition. If he's doing good in practice doesnt hurt to have him get the feel of playing in a live regular season game so he can get the feel of the speed.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
dargonking999;1704531 said:
Why should he?

So Dwayne Bowe is the reason KC's offense is struggling? No one is saying give him twenty plays a game, but if he has more talent than Austin, than why not line him up five or six plays a game which my best utilize his strengths...if he can't handle five or six plays, than I have very little faith he will ever grasp the entire playbook.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He won't be dressing regularly until next year at the earliest IMO.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jchocolate82;1704557 said:
he can be put in to run some basic routes in a 4 or 5 WR set. Obviously we wouldnt want to put him in when the game is on the line but doing it during some mop up time wouldnt hurt. Its all about transition. If he's doing good in practice doesnt hurt to have him get the feel of playing in a live regular season game so he can get the feel of the speed.

Oh_Canada;1704565 said:
So Dwayne Bowe is the reason KC's offense is struggling? No one is saying give him twenty plays a game, but if he has more talent than Austin, than why not line him up five or six plays a game which my best utilize his strengths...if he can't handle five or six plays, than I have very little faith he will ever grasp the entire playbook.

So you want to deactvate a speacial team player/ crucial backup, so he can possibly get time at mop up duty? Genius

And Bowe isn't the reason KC is sucking, they have No OL, QB, and there RB aint running for 1700 yards. Bowe has been healthy since he was drafted, and has been WR most of his collegiate career. This is a former QB who finally got to practice for the final preseason game. To expect him to come in, even in mop up duty is pointless at week 5.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh_Canada;1704528 said:
Considering our ranking in total yard and points scored, why would we ever consider rushing a project onto the field?