Stand Up Comics Thread

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I wanted to post links, but most of the time there is unsavory language so i guess i will stick to names and titles of the show.

Last night i was searching for a comedian i never seen/heard before. I found,

Monique Marvez - Not Skinny Not Blonde - Amazon Prime....Not bad decent laugh.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I check them out on Amazon and Nflix a lot and I gauge the act by how many times I rewind for a joke. I also like to see just how close a stand up can step across that line and recover and the best I've seen at that so far is Anthony Jeselnik, who even surprises himself with what he can get away with and has a delivery that is well honed to elicit a laugh from me when I think I really shouldn't be laughing at that. Talk about guilty laughter.

Bill Burr is my favorite followed very closely by Lewis Black, Patton Oswalt, Tom Segura, Tom Papa, Kathleen Madigan and Jim Gaffigan is really creative but that whisper/talk as the audience is too overplayed for me.

One of the best standups I've seen in years was Ray Romano's walking return to the clubs that launched his career and Seinfeld's last one at 68 was very good, his show opener was unique.

But the master still remains, Richard Pryor. So far, the funniest man that ever lived. And Jonathan Winters gets a runner up vote.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
A lot of great names already posted. My favorite comedian was Bill Hicks. I can't post any of his material on here because he was definitely not PG but do yourself a favor and check him out if you don't know who he was. I had the pleasure of watching one of his last performances live in Austin. It might have actually been his last. We were a little stunned when he came out on stage because he had lost a bunch of weight. He knew he was dying and passed away not long after that show due to cancer. He didn't say a word about it and was up there doing what he loved. I have never laughed that hard before or since.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A lot of great names already posted. My favorite comedian was Bill Hicks. I can't post any of his material on here because he was definitely not PG but do yourself a favor and check him out if you don't know who he was. I had the pleasure of watching one of his last performances live in Austin. It might have actually been his last. We were a little stunned when he came out on stage because he had lost a bunch of weight. He knew he was dying and passed away not long after that show due to cancer. He didn't say a word about it and was up there doing what he loved. I have never laughed that hard before or since.
Just watched his One Night Stand from '91. Reminds me of a mellow Sam Kinison.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wonder how he would of felt about that. I liked Sam Kinison but I would put Bill Hicks above him. It's amazing how so many comics burn out and die younger than they should.
You say he died of cancer. I assume it was lung cancer since he was smoking the whole time in his routine. One of his first bits was about nonsmokers being annoying.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
You say he died of cancer. I assume it was lung cancer since he was smoking the whole time in his routine. One of his first bits was about nonsmokers being annoying.
Actually no, he died of pancreatic cancer. I just looked it up and his last performance was in Little Rock, Arkansas so I didn't see the final one.