Standing up at Texas stadium?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I haven't been to a game in about 5 years or so and the last time I went it was the game Emmitt broke the record.

As soon as Emmitt broke the record I stood up to clap.

The second I did that the people behind me ASKED ME IF I COULD SIT DOWN because they couldn't see.

I don't remember, but I wanted to know if its real difficult to see if the person in front of you is standing up?

Im also a tall guy so I was just curious.

I will be so heated if everyone is sitting on their hands this week and could possibly go crazy on someone if they try to be an old fart this week.

Im going to the game to be loud and help my team out so I better not get no crap from someone who just wants to sit on their hands.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
In Buffalo on MNF the entire stadium stood the whole game. It was incredible. I'd love to see our crowd be half as loud.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
i've had the pleasure of going to Texas Stadium once a year for the past 5 years.

i have to say that from my experience everyone is standing on just about every play, but if i did stay seated i probably wouldn't be able to see.

i'm surprised that anyone at the moment you describe would be sitting down at all

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
CATCH17;1702905 said:
I haven't been to a game in about 5 years or so and the last time I went it was the game Emmitt broke the record.

The second I did that the people behind me ASKED ME IF I COULD SIT DOWN because they couldn't see.

That's just sad. I hope they were a Seahawks fan.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Stand loud and be proud. If anyone ask you to sit down, tell them to go home and wacth the game on there couch. This game is isn't for the faint of heart.

Fans need to bring intensity from the jump.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I feel your pain...I've been to a number of games there, and we've heard absurd stuff like "can you calm down and be a little more quiet" (this is not made up) to the same thing you had with "please sit down"...I've seen people sitting there reading People magazine and was once asked "who is winning?"

its really one of the lousiest home field advantages in football...we routinely see players have to beg during the week for crowd noise, and the last game I attended there the setting was truly library-esque (Arizona game 2005)

I have been to a few games that were the exceptions (Philly 1992, SF 1993) but alot of the games I've been to the crowds are lousy

David

bootyhunta

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;1702917 said:
In Buffalo on MNF the entire stadium stood the whole game. It was incredible. I'd love to see our crowd be half as loud.

That was amazing... I having been going to Buffalo games all my life and I have never seen that before.

C'mon Dallas! Get off yer butts and make some noise this Sunday!

Bull Frog

Reaction score
CATCH17;1702905 said:
Im going to the game to be loud and help my team out so I better not get no crap from someone who just wants to sit on their hands.
I went to the Colts game last year and everyone stood the entire time. I've been to several games including some battles with the Niners in the early '90's. I thought the crowd at the Colts games was one of the best ever. I expect this week to be no different for you.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I was at the Thanksgiving Game a couple years back against the Broncos.

Was my 1st time to Texas and naturally my 1st home Dallas game so I stood up for 70% of the game.

I was getting yelled at from a family of Bronoc fans with children... did I care?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We've had season tickets since 1989, Section 10 - Row 20 (Gave them up last year :( )

There have been plenty of games where we pretty much stood for the entire game. Sure, there are some that you sit most the time except for 3rd downs, big plays ext... But I've never run into anyone that asked me to sit down.

The most amazing games I've been two were the NFC championship vs. San Fran, and a playoff game vs. Philly. To be honest, the Philly game was actually louder than the NFC champ.. Deion would line up to return punts and start dancing and doing his thing, and the entire place would just go crazy.

Oh yeah, the Saints game last year was crazy.....lots of trash talking aints bangwagoners. Then we got blown out and had to listen to all that Who dat crap!

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I encourage everybody who's attending this game to stand and be as loud as possible. Create some home field advantage people!

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
CATCH17;1702905 said:

I don't remember, but I wanted to know if its real difficult to see if the person in front of you is standing up?

Im also a tall guy so I was just curious.

I will be so heated if everyone is sitting on their hands this week and could possibly go crazy on someone if they try to be an old fart this week.

Stand up, jump, yell, bang on pans, do whatever, we need you guys to make some serious noise this week! Texas Stadium needs some of those white towels that Buffalo had.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dbair1967;1702926 said:
I feel your pain...I've been to a number of games there, and we've heard absurd stuff like "can you calm down and be a little more quiet" (this is not made up) to the same thing you had with "please sit down"...I've seen people sitting there reading People magazine and was once asked "who is winning?"

its really one of the lousiest home field advantages in football...we routinely see players have to beg during the week for crowd noise, and the last game I attended there the setting was truly library-esque (Arizona game 2005)

I have been to a few games that were the exceptions (Philly 1992, SF 1993) but alot of the games I've been to the crowds are lousy

David

Yeah I cant believe some people. Its a football game.

Hopefully i'll get to stand for most of the game but im counting on people being jerks about it but little do they know that im well prepared to piss them off by standing up for the entire game.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
If people want to watch the game sitting down and quite they they should watch at home..I go to the sports bar every week to watch my Boys play and We are roudy as hell... I've had people look at me and want to say something about me going crazy But they just shut up and keep it to themselves...Good thing they dont say nothing because I woould be Pissed off and they would probably have to hear crap from 20+ other Cowboys fans...

Anybody without a heart for the team.. please stay at home.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1702926 said:

David

that's just absolutely unbelievable.

Texas Stadium = worst home field advantage in sports.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
SupermanXx;1703031 said:
that's just absolutely unbelievable.

Texas Stadium = worst home field advantage in sports.

No, that title would belong to Bank of America Stadium where the Panthers play.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1703043 said:
No, that title would belong to Bank of America Stadium where the Panthers play.

One thing i'll give to the Skins is Fed Ex field gets pretty loud.

Yalls 1st game on CBS was really exciting because of the crowd noise.

But... I do love a quiet Fed Ex Stadium.

Anyways I have a feeling Texas Stadium will be rockin.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
miamicowboy21;1702925 said:
Stand loud and be proud. If anyone ask you to sit down, tell them to go home and wacth the game on there couch. This game is isn't for the faint of heart.

Fans need to bring intensity from the jump.

Exactly. If you pay for the ticket, you have the right to stand up and clap. I can understand if everyone else is sitting and your standing the entire time, someone to ask that. But not after a grerat play. Screw them, you paid to stand and cheer, they paid to sit and cheer. They know the consequences.