Stanford Routt Remains In Kansas City

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Alexander;4418995 said:
This place is going to be real fun if free agency kicks off and Dallas signs nobody in the first few days.

Lol oh it will be a melt down on here.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Risen Star;4418956 said:
I don't know why we'd want that. We just signed Scandrick to a healthy deal. Jenkins comes up next year. Adding a contract like Carr's new one to the mix would be a ridiculous amount of money tied to the CB position.

Unless you want to trade in Jenkins for Carr. Let him walk next year.

Sounds good to me. I would take carr, Jenkins, scandrick, and a early draft pick. Then if that early draft pick shows alot of promise with Jenkins history of injuries I would let Jenkins walk.
I like Jenkins but I don't trust scandrick or a rookie to start on the outside. Plus comparing carr and Jenkins with Jenkins history of injuries, and carr is better player.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Bowdown27;4418989 said:
If they let Carr go and we actually have a shot at him I will be so amped up. I thought routt would have been a decent pickup but if have the shot to get Carr whooooooaaaaa

Not that he isn't a good CB, but isn't Carr the CB that Austin absolutely abused for most of the game on his 250 yard day?

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Muhast;4419067 said:
Not that he isn't a good CB, but isn't Carr the CB that Austin absolutely abused for most of the game on his 250 yard day?

It was both carr and flowers, and Austin also abused nnambi and routt that year and then he got paid and his hammys got weak

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
supercowboy8;4419074 said:
It was both carr and flowers, and Austin also abused nnambi and routt that year and then he got paid and his hammys got weak

I know Austin has made some good CBs look bad. I was just trying to remember if it was him though. I think that is honestly the only time I've really seen him. I don't ever get Chiefs games in Atlanta, and don't even know a single person that likes them. lol.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;4418995 said:
This place is going to be real fun if free agency kicks off and Dallas signs nobody in the first few days.

You know that it's going to pan out that way.

HanD

Reaction score
Risen Star;4418956 said:
I don't know why we'd want that. We just signed Scandrick to a healthy deal. Jenkins comes up next year. Adding a contract like Carr's new one to the mix would be a ridiculous amount of money tied to the CB position.

Unless you want to trade in Jenkins for Carr. Let him walk next year.

I was reading somewhere about how scandrick's deal is structured. really a 1 year deal to see if he can prove to be a starter then he can play it out and if not he won't hurt the cap too much to be cut next offseason...

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
HanD;4419328 said:
I was reading somewhere about how scandrick's deal is structured. really a 1 year deal to see if he can prove to be a starter then he can play it out and if not he won't hurt the cap too much to be cut next offseason...

I believe I read the same thing, and either Free's or Sensi's contract was structured in similar fashion too.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Just wait until the Nashing of teeth when everyone realizes we arent going to sign any top tier Free Agents ... o the horror.

Aven8

Reaction score
JackWagon;4419508 said:
Just wait until the Nashing of teeth when everyone realizes we arent going to sign any top tier Free Agents ... o the horror.

And Philly signs Nicks (Reid loves guards!). And maybe the Gents go after Mario to replace Osi. The board would catch on fire by that point!

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Hey, you're legs would get weak too if someone gave you 50million dollars... LOL

supercowboy8;4419074 said:

Frozen700

Reaction score
Muhast;4419067 said:

lmao..is it Carr?? oh ****..let me go look that up.

It would be funny if it was him.

Frozen700

Reaction score
yeah it was carr.....that is crazy it was him that Austin tore up.

Now he is a top Corner

supercowboy8

Reaction score
HanD;4419328 said:

Scandrick's contract is only gauranteed for 10 million.
He received 2 million last season. SO he has only 8 million left.
I cannot find his contract details to see how its broken down per year. But it really only looks like a two year deal and after two years we could cut him and not take a hit.

Free has a clause in his contract where dallas can pull a trigger to move his salary this year to a bonus to free up the salary cap for this year if needed.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4419575 said:
I cannot find his contract details to see how its broken down per year. But it really only looks like a two year deal and after two years we could cut him and not take a hit.

Free has a clause in his contract where dallas can pull a trigger to move his salary this year to a bonus to free up the salary cap for this year if needed.

Super8, I don't have the details either BUT I know that the bulk of his money comes this year, and if he doesn't prove to be starter material, he can either stay or go at a low cap hit in '13.

montgod

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4419575 said:

Yeah... I forgot where I read that it might be smart to cut Scandrick this year because of his bloated deal and use that money towards a better cb. Carr would fit the bill.

Frozen700

Reaction score
montgod;4419723 said:
Yeah... I forgot where I read that it might be smart to cut Scandrick this year because of his bloated deal and use that money towards a better cb. Carr would fit the bill.

i heard it's smart to cut newman by june...because we will get a boat load

supercowboy8

Reaction score
JeffInDC;4419686 said:
Super8, I don't have the details either BUT I know that the bulk of his money comes this year, and if he doesn't prove to be starter material, he can either stay or go at a low cap hit in '13.

or he can just go back to the nickel

supercowboy8

Reaction score
montgod;4419723 said:

if we cut Scandrick now he will be a 8 million cap hit

not the right time to cut him. I think you meant Newman.

HanD

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4419773 said:
if we cut Scandrick now he will be a 8 million cap hit

not the right time to cut him. I think you meant Newman.

that's my understanding is scandrick could depending on performance be a good cut next year based on his contract.