Star Telegram Website

onetrickpony

Reaction score
The ST website is one of the worst I have run across. With its massive numbers of autoplay videos, overlays, and popups, as well as pulling massive numbers of ads, it is one of the slowest loading sites I have ever experienced. It is as bad as some of the click bait sites linked on Facebook that make you hit 30 or 40 Next buttons to read a story.

The last straw for me was a popup that wanted me to install a browser update to continue. I'm not taking that chance for any site this bad, especially when they don't have any news that I can't get somewhere else.

Bye, bye Star Telegram. You have seen the last of me!

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
The ST website is one of the worst I have run across. With its massive numbers of autoplay videos, overlays, and popups, as well as pulling massive numbers of ads, it is one of the slowest loading sites I have ever experienced. It is as bad as some of the click bait sites linked on Facebook that make you hit 30 or 40 Next buttons to read a story.

The last straw for me was a popup that wanted me to install a browser update to continue. I'm not taking that chance for any site this bad, especially when they don't have any news that I can't get somewhere else.

Newspapers trying to make up for lost revenues.

Bye, bye Star Telegram. You have seen the last of me!

CCBoy

Reaction score
I also don't like the DMN...that charges a fee to take a look at what their sport's media group come up with. Once upon a day, reporters were motivated by providing information...but but sites have the same damning need for cash flow instead of informing.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I use ublock origin on Chrome. I don't see any of that junk when I go to their website.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
You gotta love ad infested sites. Everything is always about useless money.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I don't visit either site. Nor sites that require you to click through 50 pages to read one freaking article.

I require everything to be "Click to play". So none of that garbage plays when I go to the page anyhow.