Star Trek: Picard

nobody

Reaction score
Spoilers...you've been warned.
So a season two has been greenlit. Who else wants to see a glimpse of the Mirror Mirror Universe in this time period?

nobody

Reaction score
Given Picard's life course post TNG (leaving Starfleet on not so good terms etc), how do you know Picard season one was not Picard in the Mirror Universe? :eek::D

lol It couldn't be and you know it. :) But that would be cool..an entire season or series in the mirror universe.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lol It couldn't be and you know it. :) But that would be cool..an entire season or series in the mirror universe.
...and the surprise season ending is only to find out that you were in the mirror universe the whole time and didn't even realize it! :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

EDIT: Though it's usually so starkly different that it would become clear really quickly. (no Starfleet, but you have the Terran Empire)

nobody

Reaction score
...and the surprise season ending is only to find out that you were in the mirror universe the whole time and didn't even realize it! :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

EDIT: Though it's usually so starkly different that it would become clear really quickly. (no Starfleet, but you have the Terran Empire)

However, because of Spock's actions, the Terran Empire fell. They addressed that in DS-9.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I actually don't love the series. I think it's kinda boring, to be honest.

nobody

Reaction score
I actually don't love the series. I think it's kinda boring, to be honest.

I didn't love it, but I didn't dislike it. I enjoyed parts, didn't like other parts, and am glad I watched it..for free. Would I have paid to see it or pay to see season two? Probably not. If I get a chance to watch season two for free? I will probably take the time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I didn't love it, but I didn't dislike it. I enjoyed parts, didn't like other parts, and am glad I watched it..for free. Would I have paid to see it or pay to see season two? Probably not. If I get a chance to watch season two for free? I will probably take the time.

I'll give it time. I mean, it's only the first season so it's possible that it can get better. It's not like there is a lot of content on television, these days, I really enjoy watching anyhow so yeah..............

:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I was hesitant about watching the show at first. It was clear ageism on my part but I did not think the show would work for me with a nearly 80-year old Patrick Stewart driving it week in week out.

Turns out the show does not make Stewart the singular rock of each episode. It is a smart approach in my opinion. The ensemble cast gets equal treatment throughout the series and they mostly deliver, although Alison Pill (Dr. Jurati) has left me saying meh about her so far.

Each episode was fresh and "contemporary", for lack of a better word. I really enjoyed seeing Jeri Ryan reprise her role just as much as Stewart.

The multiple EMH idea does grate on my nerves a bit though. As far as next season is concerned, I hope they do not get totally away from the exiled Romulans subplot.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

We pay for CBS Prime so I am in that situation. I actually don't love the App, think there is not a lot of great content but my Wife likes it so we will keep it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
We pay for CBS Prime so I am in that situation. I actually don't love the App, think there is not a lot of great content but my Wife likes it so we will keep it.
CBS is going to change CBS All-Access The parent company owns a huge library of content beyond what is owned by CBS.

They said they are going to re-brand CBS All-Access to something new and do something like quadruple their content or something like that.

We will see what that ends up being.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Highlander series in on it too, so that helps. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
CBS is going to change CBS All-Access The parent company owns a huge library of content beyond what is owned by CBS.

They said they are going to re-brand CBS All-Access to something new and do something like quadruple their content or something like that.

My guess is "more expensive".

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My guess is "more expensive".
Possible. I think it's like $5-$6 with commericals and $10 without. I suspect it will jump to $$9-$10 with and $15 without.

Though if they quadruple their content, maybe it's worth it? Not really for me since I only have it for Star Trek. My wife / daughter do not watch CBS. Maybe that changes with the new content. I have no idea.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Possible. I think it's like $5-$6 with commericals and $10 without. I suspect it will jump to $$9-$10 with and $15 without.

Though if they quadruple their content, maybe it's worth it? Not really for me since I only have it for Star Trek. My wife / daughter do not watch CBS. Maybe that changes with the new content. I have no idea.
I think you're right - $6/$10. I don't see much possibility that the price stays the same if they quadruple the content. That's how they get ya! They give you a sample and get you hooked, then once you're addicted they..............Sorry, what were we talking about?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Well, I hope this is true and I hope it's much better. Would be nice.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

NFL is really the reason we got it. If I can get that elsewhere reasonably, I'll probably just kill CBS and go with that.