Stars vs Bruins head to head

Mannix

Reaction score
Does anyone know who holds the tie breaker should they finish the regular season tied in points? I'm not seeing anything...thx in advance!!!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It doesn't really mean anything since they're in different conferences but the first tiebreaker for the title of Presidents Trophy winner is regulation wins.

Mannix

Reaction score
It doesn't really mean anything since they're in different conferences but the first tiebreaker for the title of Presidents Trophy winner is regulation wins.
Thanks...it matters if they end up in the Finals...that is why I was asking. Interesting that its regulation wins....I figured it would be the head to head result.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Thanks...it matters if they end up in the Finals...that is why I was asking. Interesting that its regulation wins....I figured it would be the head to head result.
I'm guessing that the tie breaker goes back to the days when teams never faced anyone from the other conference until the finals. Not all that long ago.

I'm a Bruins fan and don't care if they get home ice in the finals. The Presidents Trophy has typically been the kiss of death. I'd be happy to win the cup in the Stars' barn. :cool:

Mannix

Reaction score
I'm guessing that the tie breaker goes back to the days when teams never faced anyone from the other conference until the finals. Not all that long ago.

I'm a Bruins fan and don't care if they get home ice in the finals. The Presidents Trophy has typically been the kiss of death. I'd be happy to win the cup in the Stars' barn. :cool:
I'm looking at the standings and it looks like the Stars currently hold the head to head advantage that you speak of....am I seeing this correctly???

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'm looking at the standings and it looks like the Stars currently hold the head to head advantage that you speak of....am I seeing this correctly???
Looks that way to me too. I don't think it's possible for the Bruins to catch them at this point.

Mannix

Reaction score
I am a Hockey idiot...just noticed that the Rangers were three (3) points ahead of both of them. Anyway, the Stars goalie plays real shaky at home....weird!!!