Start Miles Austin?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I love all that want to start the Austin over Crayton who had an "electric" 3-84 55 yard TD game last week.

Probably wanted Wes Welker Amendola all TC too.....

utrunner07

Reaction score
Nors;2336507 said:
I love all that want to start the Austin over Crayton who had an "electric" 3-84 55 yard TD game last week.

how many times was Austin thrown too? Once? and that was not even catchable.

MCowboys

Reaction score
Nors;2336507 said:

The difference is that Austin can actually threaten deep. Sure, Crayton can score from 55 yards out when their is perfect blocking for him all the way downfield, but Austin can stretch the field. Crayton may be a better pure receiver as of right now, but Austin could be better in my opinion

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
MCowboys;2336638 said:
The difference is that Austin can actually threaten deep. Sure, Crayton can score from 55 yards out when their is perfect blocking for him all the way downfield, but Austin can stretch the field. Crayton may be a better pure receiver as of right now, but Austin could be better in my opinion

Then wouldn't he still be able to stretch the field and make a bigger difference from the #3 spot?

I'm not hating on Miles, I like him, but I really don't see why moving him from #2 to #3 is suddenly going to see him getting open more often.

Reaction score
Nors;2336507 said:

Amendola? Are you serious, he's garbage. Miles Austin is way better.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2336654 said:

Amendola? Are you serious, he's garbage. Miles Austin is way better.

Yes Austin is vastly better. Denny works hard and is a good kid. I would never call him garbage.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
CATCH17;2335609 said:
Get the ball in that guys hands and he'll make a play.

Had the Oline gave Romo a little more time he would've had a long post for a Touchdown.

Miles can play. Give him some opportunities PLEEEAASE.

Defenses have to at least respect his speed, Crayton doesnt bring much to the table on the outside he needs to get more looks in the slot.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Doomsday;2336967 said:
Defenses have to at least respect his speed, Crayton doesnt bring much to the table on the outside he needs to get more looks in the slot.

yea i was just about to say that......

mmohican29

Reaction score
That was a nice RAC by Crayton yesterday, and a good route. But he's not setting the world on fire. I think Miles deserves a shot, especially with his chemistry with BJ in there.

Move Crayton to the slot where he will eventually settle anyways. It's the running game that will provide the impetus for points for the next month with Romo out as it is.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Nors;2335829 said:
It's Austins job to take away the starting job. Apparantly he has not done that yet. Nice problem to have and Hurd quitely dropped to #4.
If it wasn't for Hurd's special teams contributions, he'd have "quietly" dropped to #5.

MONT17

Reaction score
Did anyone else know that Breaston is a rookie? I didn't! Well maybe because I was told by the Valley Ranch Scouting Dept. No WR in this draft will make an impact! Hey I like Miles he was the only guy back there on KO return after Felix went down! That's just something I noticed while I was @ the game. They had Sam Hurd up in the front expecting an onside kick! Pretty funny begs the question... U know the question... I'm sure we have more than 2 guys who have practiced returning kicks last week!

Frozen700

Reaction score
mmohican29;2337151 said:
That was a nice RAC by Crayton yesterday, and a good route. But he's not setting the world on fire. I think Miles deserves a shot, especially with his chemistry with BJ in there.

Move Crayton to the slot where he will eventually settle anyways. It's the running game that will provide the impetus for points for the next month with Romo out as it is.

yea i feel it will be much needed..Austin could break out

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Austin and TO and Crayton can run deep routes all day, but if Romo doesn't have time to throw the ball what difference does it make. That is what is killing us right now. Too many deep routes. We need to start running slants and crossing patterns.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2337857 said:
Austin and TO and Crayton can run deep routes all day, but if Romo doesn't have time to throw the ball what difference does it make. That is what is killing us right now. Too many deep routes. We need to start running slants and crossing patterns.

i agree i think we will see TO with more catches n doing what he does best