CFZ State of the Cowboys Week 7

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He's definitely thrown a football inside the past 5 weeks. There's lots of tape of that.
He just hasn't thrown one in a live game.
Dak is a proven 7-year vet and people can disagree on just how proven or good but there's zero disagreement that he is a far better option than anyone else on the roster.
My guess is the Dak takes and talk last until about 12:45 Sunday by which time he will have shown again what he is as a frontline QB in this league.

Fowler has 3 sacks, 4 TFL, 5 QB Hits and a forced fumble. He also gives them a solid option when they want to play Micah off the ball. Been a good FA signing but the offsides was truly dumb.
Didn't he say there was a lot of pop on his balls? Now why someone would spill soda pop on practice balls still baffles me, but I guess it's good news he's throwing at practice at least.

BTW, you are one on my fav posters JT. We don't always agree on things (I think we do on most), but you're level headed, which is good.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
This defense is good enough to win the whole thing, and so the season will go as far as the offense can take us.

The crappy thing is, I don't think that offense will be enough this year. Dak tends to play to the sum of the parts around him, and he's got some pretty mediocre receivers. The OL is a little shaky in pass pro too. I think this is another pretty typical Cowboys season where we exit in the WC or divisional round.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Totally disagree.
You lose your QB for 5 weeks and end up where you are, you take that and do so quite happily.
Team has no reason to be obsessed with Philly and its shocking to me just how goofy fans are over it.
I thought it was only Philly fans that were that daft and obsessed.

I would most happily go 13-4 and end up going into 15-2 Philly to play a playoff game because I have zero fear of Philly after watching them play our JV QB on their home turf and barely hold on.

No team in the NFC should scare Dallas at all and that is a great place to be with an easy schedule in front of you and the starting QB back.

But I do understand some people just seek out misery.
This is an easy one to respond to...

way to many 'current' fans are spoiled as a fan for ring tapping and not a true enthusiast of the sport for it's own rewards and respect for sacrifice.

After action analysis is in every business and based upon truth uoon anakyzed truth, not an abstract pecking order, not pure analysis independent of own self worth vanities.

Just ask Chad Henning or Roger Staubach on integrity of direction,

terra

Reaction score
This is an easy one to respond to...

way to many 'current' fans are spoiled as a fan for ring tapping and not a true enthusiast of the sport for it's own rewards and respect for sacrifice.

After action analysis is in every business and based upon truth uoon anakyzed truth, not an abstract pecking order, not pure analysis independent of own self worth vanities.

Just ask Chad Henning or Roger Staubach on integrity of direction,
If you are not striving to be the best; to win it all; then leave.

This post frankly is an example of having participation trophies

And you insult our great players of the past by trying to paint them as less than they were.

terra

Reaction score
I don't think that it is much of a problem. You can't stop every play and the defense is one of the best in the league.
Look at the way all too many of our seasons have ended; a critical weakness ignored by the clown show. Being soft up the middle; against the run, will bring about our defeat if we make the playoffs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If you are not striving to be the best; to win it all; then leave.

This post frankly is an example of having participation trophies

And you insult our great players of the past by trying to paint them as less than they were.
Get a clue before kicking your pie hole into motion,

I was talking solely about pompous jerks and seeing the truth unstopping from value perspective based upon non-stop study.

You start no conversation here beyond interjecting an insultive stereotype just to throw a misplace insult out .

Myself, I've been a Cowboys fan since 1960.

I'm never insultive of the team or it's players...No, I respect the sacrifice and commitment...get your story line first in line with the facts.

Go play with stereotypes with someone else, who doesn't mind listeniing to misplaced arrogance when the fact is this Dallas team is right on path to have a great season....your ring tapping or not.

Discuss facts or don't bother this fan...:thumbdown::popcorn::starspin:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Didn't he say there was a lot of pop on his balls? Now why someone would spill soda pop on practice balls still baffles me, but I guess it's good news he's throwing at practice at least.

BTW, you are one on my fav posters JT. We don't always agree on things (I think we do on most), but you're level headed, which is good.
I'm not even sure I agree with myself 100% of the time:)
I just appreciate people who are making real points they believe in and not on their 5th account posting gibberish to draw responses.
You'd have very short conversations here if everyone agreed.
But posting the sky is green and the grass is blue derails them all the same.

rambo2

Reaction score
Look at the way all too many of our seasons have ended; a critical weakness ignored by the clown show. Being soft up the middle; against the run, will bring about our defeat if we make the playoffs.
Other seasons have nothing to do with this season. The real clown show is fans like you.