State Of The NFC East is Aggravating

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The NFC East hay day was the late 80s early 90s. The division had the best coaches, best defenses, and Hall of Fame players doing that time. The Commanders were dominate, the Giants had LT, we had Jimmy and the triplets. The Eagles had one of the best defenses of all time led by the minister of the defense. The only team that could hang with our division was the 49ers but when they had to play the Cowboys, Giants, and Skins in the playoffs they would lose. Those were the good old days. I was in college on the East coast so in my dorm we had fans of every team but Arizona.:rolleyes::omg::laugh:

cowboygo

Reaction score
I will start by saying i do believe the NFC East is trending up again. They still have a way to go but the ship is finally headed in the right direction IMO

BUT

I don't know about anyone else but the reputation of the NFC East as a whole since i would say 2004 is rather depressing and honestly pisses me off when i take a second to look back at the success and i would argue dominance, competitiveness, and rivalry hatred the division as a whole has shared since the 70's.

I mean looking back:

Cowboys of the 70's
Commanders early 80's
Giants late 80's begining of 90's
Cowboys 90's
Eagles early 2000's although no Superbowl wins

I mean yes the Giants won it in 2011 and Eagles in 2017 but the division many would still say was super weak and not taken seriously

Before 2004 This division was so much fun to watch, so dominant , Nobody wanted to see the NFC EAST !
I pray this division gets back to those days !

Having said that! what do you think caused the decline of the division as a whole !

Was It ?

Ownership
Lack of Coaching
Lack of QB's in the division
Salary Cap
Was it Tax reasons players not wanting to go to - NY, Washington, and Philadelphia areas in particular
Drafting

I really pray this division returns to the reputation of the past, but i do pose the question what do you think caused the decline !

Do players from any of the teams in this division even care that the NFC East is looked at as a joke?

What say You ?
You are missing 1 more super bowl win from the Giants.

but yeah, I believe it has to do with no team really getting a footing on the division as we have rotated division winners since your mentioned date of 2004.