Stats regarding Vanderjagt

garyv

Reaction score
Since rumors are that Mike Vanderjagt cancels his trip to New England tomorrow it appears the Cowboys are fixing to sign him. Here are his Career Numbers:

0-19 Yards: 6-6

20-29 Yards: 70-72

30-39 Yards: 62-68

40-49 Yards: 65-81

50 Plus: 14-21

When reviewing his Career stats it's pretty impressive that when the Offense gets within 40 yards hes a sure bet to kick the Field Goal with a Career total of 138 Field Goals Made out of 146 Attempts. Thats 94.5% inside 40 yards....VERY IMPRESSIVE.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
garyv said:
When reviewing his Career stats it's pretty impressive that when the Offense gets within 40 yards hes a sure bet to kick the Field Goal with a Career total of 138 Field Goals Made out of 146 Attempts. Thats 94.5% inside 40 yards....VERY IMPRESSIVE.

hey thats what, 94.5% better than Cundiff, Cortez and Suishima combined!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Catch-22 said:
How is that a rumor?
They are now reporting in Boston WEEI sports radio that Mike Vanderjagt is not going to be making his trip to New England tomorrow as scheduled and they don't know why, they are trying to get in touch with his agent to see what happened but they are speculating that he is probably going to sign with someone else soon, and if he is indeed in Dallas, he might be close to signing with Dallas.

this was posted on another board, take it for what its worth:

garyv

Reaction score
The Rumor is not the Stats but that Vander has cancelled his Visit with New England tomorrow which means he may have something going with Dallas today.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Some things to consider.

Granted, Vinatieri is certainly more prone to bad weather in NE, Buf, NY, but...

Vanderjagt
Indoors 87.6 (127/145)
Outdoors 87.4 (90/103)

Vinatieri
Indoors 94.4 (34/36)
Outdoors 80.4 (229/285)

The big kicks stick in our mind (as they should) and that kick against Pittsburgh was god-awful. I don't know what they consider "close" and "close/late", but...

Vanderjagt
Close 89.1 (90/101)
Close/Late 89.5 (34/38)

Vinatieri
Close 80.0 (136/170)
Close/Late 78.4 (29/37)

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Interesting if he has indeed cancelled his visit to NE. If anyone gets confirmation of this, please do post. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey, it looks like they really DID have to let go of Larry Allen before signing a kickker because after the Cortez thing they were all afraid to come to Dallas. :eek:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
im very skeptical of vanderjagt...i dont know why

something about him i just dont like

maybe i just have a bitter taste in my mouth b/c the guy missed that big huge important enormous gigantic tremendous kick against pitt

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
garyv said:
Since rumors are that Mike Vanderjagt cancels his trip to New England tomorrow it appears the Cowboys are fixing to sign him. Here are his Career Numbers:

The telling stat there is the fact that he has only attempted 6 career FG's from inside the 20...

The Colts have a great redzone offense... Parcells... start watching tape...

DipChit

Reaction score
trickblue said:
The telling stat there is the fact that he has only attempted 6 career FG's from inside the 20...

Yeah but any FG attempts of 36 yds or closer means the LoS was inside the 20. Which means there was well in excess of 100 attempts in that scenario.

So ok, obviously they didnt try many FG's when the Los was the 1 or 2 yardline though because thats where the 0-19 category comes from. But the numbers also show it wasnt an automatic TD when they got simply inside the 20 either. ;)

billknows

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey, it looks like they really DID have to let go of Larry Allen before signing a kickker because after the Cortez thing they were all afraid to come to Dallas. :eek:

Now that was funny:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:

I was thinking the same thing and was just going to post that. Glad I read a little further. I'm at work, so sometimes just glance over some posts very quick and could have missed this being said.

I think Dallas Kickers the past 5 years are what seems to be 6- 100 at that range :eek:

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
garyv said:

For him to get a kick opportunity under 40 yards. The offense needs to be at the 23 yardline, not the 40.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just heard on Around the Horn that VanderShank missed a FG in 2004 costing Indy HFA and then the Colts had to go to NE and lost.

Then last year he cost them overtime.

dallasfan

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
im very skeptical of vanderjagt...i dont know why

something about him i just dont like

maybe i just have a bitter taste in my mouth b/c the guy missed that big huge important enormous gigantic tremendous kick against pitt

Me too, but he's far better than any kicker I ever remember Dallas having (I'm 21 so it's a toss up between Eddie Murray and Chris Boniel). Funny enough I think Vanderjagt is like the Peyton Manning of kickers, great #s, just not a clutch guy and Vinatieri is the Tom Brady of kickers, #s aren't as good as Vanderjagt but wins big games.