Stats regarding Vanderjagt

stiletto

Reaction score
dallasfan said:
Me too, but he's far better than any kicker I ever remember Dallas having (I'm 21 so it's a toss up between Eddie Murray and Chris Boniel). Funny enough I think Vanderjagt is like the Peyton Manning of kickers, great #s, just not a clutch guy and Vinatieri is the Tom Brady of kickers, #s aren't as good as Vanderjagt but wins big games.

Ill take Vinatieri every time then but as it stands right now we have neither and AV is gone, so Vandy is the way to go IMHO....:bang2:

DipChit

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Just heard on Around the Horn that VanderShank missed a FG in 2004 costing Indy HFA and then the Colts had to go to NE and lost.

Then last year he cost them overtime.

Oh ok. Well then maybe the thinking at VR is if we sign this guy, we'll start having to go for the throat more so it doesnt have to come down to that type kicker.

As opposed to you know, last year where we played close to the vest cause Cortez was supposedly the real deal. ;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
DipChit said:
Oh ok. Well then maybe the thinking at VR is if we sign this guy, we'll start having to go for the throat more so it doesnt have to come down to that type kicker.

As opposed to you know, last year where we played close to the vest cause Cortez was supposedly the real deal. ;)

Yeah I hear ya.... but... we know that some games(no matter what you have on offense AND BP is not a master O-Coord) will go down to wire and I would have liked an Adam "ICE WATER in the VEINS" Vinatieri

Oh well... lets see what happens

dallasfan

Reaction score
stiletto said:
Ill take Vinatieri every time then but as it stands right now we have neither and AV is gone, so Vandy is the way to go IMHO....:bang2:

Me too, but remember there is only one Vinatieri and 32 teams.

Woods

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
im very skeptical of vanderjagt...i dont know why

something about him i just dont like

maybe i just have a bitter taste in my mouth b/c the guy missed that big huge important enormous gigantic tremendous kick against pitt

Canadians are our allies. :laugh1:

Manster54

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
Some things to consider.

Granted, Vinatieri is certainly more prone to bad weather in NE, Buf, NY, but...

Vanderjagt
Indoors 87.6 (127/145)
Outdoors 87.4 (90/103)

Vinatieri
Indoors 94.4 (34/36)
Outdoors 80.4 (229/285)

The big kicks stick in our mind (as they should) and that kick against Pittsburgh was god-awful. I don't know what they consider "close" and "close/late", but...

Vanderjagt
Close 89.1 (90/101)
Close/Late 89.5 (34/38)

Vinatieri
Close 80.0 (136/170)
Close/Late 78.4 (29/37)

Thanks for the indoor/outdoor numbers. I posted earlier today inquiring about and huge differences in success. Apparently not... I would be thrilled w/Vandy. I think he could kick better drunk than Cortez sober.
:laugh2: