Staubach or Dak? In Dak we trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Whats your point? Are u comparing Dak to Roger Staubach?? Lol lol .
Yes (comebacks and game-winning drives). Absolutely. Why does it bother you?

For the record, let's compare...

Roger Staubach in 11 starting seasons:

20 playoff games - full playoff gamelogs · 13 comebacks, 21 game-winning drives - full summary

Dak Prescott in 3 full starting seasons since a rookie:

game - full playoff gamelogs · 8 comebacks, 14 game-winning drives - full summary

Clear to see, Dak has the clutch gene and in position to easily surpass Roger in both comebacks and game-winning drives.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
How about you just stay a DAK detractors and keep your snark comment to yourself.

You're comparing a 3rd year QB with a sparse resume` to a legendary Hall Of Famer and calling me a "hater" ? Are you drunk or working on your stand up comedy routine ?

Get a grip..............................

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Dak is more accurate, obviously. Look at completion percentages. Let’s just hope Dak has more success against the Steelers.

(Right fellow Dakistans?)

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Yes (comebacks and game-winning drives). Absolutely. Why does it bother you?

For the record, let's compare...

Roger Staubach in 11 starting seasons:

20 playoff games - full playoff gamelogs · 13 comebacks, 21 game-winning drives - full summary

Dak Prescott in 3 full starting seasons since a rookie:

game - full playoff gamelogs · 8 comebacks, 14 game-winning drives - full summary

Clear to see, Dak has the clutch gene and in position to easily surpass Roger in both comebacks and game-winning drives.

Dak probably beats the Steelers in the Super Bowl, as well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There's no way in hell Dak ever makes a play like this...

That should have been an offensive pass interference call on Drew Pearson. Drew clearly pushed the Vikes DB in the back to make that Hail Mary Catch.

And for the record, Dak accomplished as much today.

And before you or anyone else calls me a Pearson hater, Drew is one of my all-time favorite Cowboys, especially since he was the banquet honorary spokesman when I made All State during my high school years (I took a pic with him as he presented the awards). Just calling it as the video showed.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That should have been an offensive pass interference call on Drew Pearson. Drew clearly pushed the Vikes DB in the back to make that Hail Mary Catch.

And for the record, Dak accomplished as much today.

And before you or anyone else calls me a Pearson hater, Drew is one of my all-time favorite Cowboys, especially since he was the banquet honorary spokesman when I made All State during my high school years (I took a pic with him as he presented the awards). Just calling it as the video showed.
I agree about the push off.

In today's officiating..

that's a big yellow flag.

Pants

Reaction score
Roger is the reason I am a Cowboy fan . Born and lived in Syracuse,NY (OJ Simpson and bills fan) and we lived to Pena when I was 9. Saw a standard Staubach come from behind win on TV and I have been a fan since, about 45+ years. Will always think of Roger as “Cowboys” (and I like Dak); I cant compare the two

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Roger is the reason I am a Cowboy fan . Born and lived in Syracuse,NY (OJ Simpson and bills fan) and we lived to Pena when I was 9. Saw a standard Staubach come from behind win on TV and I have been a fan since, about 45+ years. Will always think of Roger as “Cowboys” (and I like Dak); I cant compare the two
Give it time.

JustChip

Reaction score
This is way worse than the comparisons some try to make between Garrett and Landry.

Neither comparison is whacked. Take off your blinders and look at just exactly what @Redball Express is saying. He's simply making a point that Dak exhibits some of the traits that Captain Comeback had. He's mobile like Roger, has a knack for delivering late in the game leading to game winning drives and, if the reports are to be believed, has the confidence and respect of his teammates. I doubt there is anybody that would say Dak and Roger are equal, but that's not what's being said. Dak will never "be" Roger simply because he wasn't a Heisman Trophy winner and didn't serve in the military.

With respect to Garrett and Landry, again, they are not comparable, if for no other reason than that Landry was in the cockpit of a B-17 flying through intense flak over Europe when he was only 20. But where they are comparable is in the perception at similar points. Set aside the knowledge of hindsight and time travel back to 1970 after the '69 season. There had been waaaaaay more post-season failure than success (1-4 at that point) and had lost playoff games both at home and when heavily favored. The Cowboys were known as "Next Year's Champions" and "can't win the big one." And that didn't change after losing to Baltimore in Super Bowl V the next year. There was no shortage of fans and media that simply didn't think Landry could get it done. Had social media been around like it is now, Landry would've been eviscerated much like Garrett is.

Time and hindsight filters ones perceptions. The "good ole days" were not all good, but those longing for them only remember the good, or what they perceived as good.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You crack me up. If Aikman and his 3 SB wins doesn’t put him ahead of Roger, it will be a LONG time that I will be waiting
Not talking about Aikman..

And for the record..

Reread the thread.

I never said DAK was better than Staubach.

Just played like him.

Get a clue.

rags747

Reaction score
Stupid short sighted comment.

:muttley:
Comparing Dak to Roger at this point is ridiculous, Roger was a qb who could throw the ball anywhere on the field. Dak is still working at being a qb who can throw with consistency. When Dak drops back it’s hope for the best, when Roger drooped back you knew good thing were going to happen. Kid played a hell of a game today, but no flashbacks of Staubach for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.