Steak anyone...?

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Dallas in a couple weeks. I wanna have a great steak, can someone point me in the right direction? I'm going to be staying at the Marriott so if there are any(I'm sure there are) within a decent cab ride from there. let me know. i'm looking for a steak that needs no sauce....thanks in advance...

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
which Marriot will you be at ?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I must get out of this thread I'm getting hungry as heck...:D

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2268336 said:
On 114? I'm assuming the one the Cowboys stay at. if so head west on 114.

http://www.bobs-steakandchop.com/grapevine.html

yeah it is. Im coming for the cincy game and THIS time im going to get me a Steak. seems like out of all the times i been there, i never got to experience a Texas steak. I always get stuck at the hotel... lol ....atlanta has some really good steakhouses so i wanna see how it measures up to a Tx Steak

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Sometimes a ribeye is too fatty, I like a Strip with decent marbling better most of the time.

I did just eat a ribeye for dinner though.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2268605 said:
yeah it is. Im coming for the cincy game and THIS time im going to get me a Steak. seems like out of all the times i been there, i never got to experience a Texas steak. I always get stuck at the hotel... lol ....atlanta has some really good steakhouses so i wanna see how it measures up to a Tx Steak

These are all chains by the way, not sure about an actual "local" steak house in that area of town. If you want TX style you gotta go to the Stock Yards in Ft worth, kinda far for a cab ride...

http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2266469 said:
I'm going to be in Dallas in a couple weeks. I wanna have a great steak, can someone point me in the right direction? I'm going to be staying at the Marriott so if there are any(I'm sure there are) within a decent cab ride from there. let me know. i'm looking for a steak that needs no sauce....thanks in advance...

I don't know the Metroplex, but I can advise you how to get a "real Texas steak"...

Call up the restaurant, and ask them if you can get your steak "seared"... if they know what you're talking about, that's the place for you... chances are, they won't...

Searing is when you slap a thick steak on a VERY hot pan, and it blackens the outside while still leaving the inside nice and red... it's a Texas thang...

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
If I was there I would take you to eat the best steak youve ever had in your entire life... Its in Breckenridge which is like 1.5 hours from Ft Worth.. This little mexican food place called Ernies. This is the best rib eye Ive ever eatin in my life and its weird that being that it comes from a mexican food place. Its like a little taste of heaven with every bite.. 14.99 and youve got the best steak great service and ice cold beer.

Ok anywho since you wont be going there The Keg has a pretty good steak but Im not sure how close you are to there. Ive heard great things about Del Frescos.

Im not sure about the whole "texas" steak thing though. It all depends on how its cooked. Thats why I dont understand why people order their steaks well done or even med. well. that just sucks all the flavor right out of it. Med rare. now thats the way to go.

Cowboyfaninok

Reaction score
Ruth Chris is the simply the best. I have not eaten at the restaurant in Dallas but enjoyed them in Phoenix and Nashville.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Nick and Sam's isn't bad in Dallas.

Bob's is hugely overrated.