Steal of 2005 draft willl be....

Reed

Reaction score
Walter Reyes from Syracuse. I watched Syracuse games closely last 2 years and this kid is very nice. He runs a 4.3 and is a power type back with speed and good moves. If he entered the draft last year he would have been a first round draft pick but he decided to stay another year. His senior year he got injured and didn't play to much. So, I think if the cowboys can get him in the 3rd round it would be a steal and he would be the perfect back to split carries with julius and to give him some rest.

DallasKnight

Reaction score
Only problem with that, is... we don't own a 3rd round pick. Unless we move down with one of our current 1st rounders to obtain more picks (which is very likely.) :iggles:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Reed said:
Walter Reyes from Syracuse. I watched Syracuse games closely last 2 years and this kid is very nice. He runs a 4.3 and is a power type back with speed and good moves. If he entered the draft last year he would have been a first round draft pick but he decided to stay another year. His senior year he got injured and didn't play to much. So, I think if the cowboys can get him in the 3rd round it would be a steal and he would be the perfect back to split carries with julius and to give him some rest.

He took a major step back. He is a watered down Justin Fargas. Whatever happened to him? Reyes is a nice 4th round pick. Not a fit for us - JMO

Reed

Reaction score
I dont know he seems to be like a parcells kind of guy. Hes a hard worker and stays out of trouble. He is also a big team players. I hope hes there in the 4th round and trust me hes much better than fargas, this kid has skills and he is greatly overlooked

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
I called Ben Roethlisberger the steal of the 2004 draft, and so far it seems that way.

For 2005, I say the steal of the draft is Erasmus James, DE from Wisconsin.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Reed said:

No way would have Reyes been a 1st round pick last year, JMO.

Nice Player, but I doubt he will be the steal of the draft. He does have some speed though.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
I called Ben Roethlisberger the steal of the 2004 draft, and so far it seems that way.

For 2005, I say the steal of the draft is Erasmus James, DE from Wisconsin.

I am with you there, I really like E. James, but can you be the steal of the draft if you are drafted in the top 15?

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
I am with you there, I really like E. James, but can you be the steal of the draft if you are drafted in the top 15?

Absolutely! Look at Roethlisberger. Eli Manning and Philip Rivers were picked before him.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Absolutely! Look at Roethlisberger. Eli Manning and Philip Rivers were picked before him.

Hmmm, OK. I see where you are coming from. I look at it a little different, but all good.

About James! I really liked what I saw from him this year. He was just awesome rushing the passer in the games I saw.

I am a little puzzled why he does not get more mentions around here. I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked him.

I do wonder a little about the injuries, but also wonder how he would do on the Right Side, or would Ellis move in an experiment again?

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
Hmmm, OK. I see where you are coming from. I look at it a little different, but all good.

About James! I really liked what I saw from him this year. He was just awesome rushing the passer in the games I saw.

I am a little puzzled why he does not get more mentions around here. I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked him.

I do wonder a little about the injuries, but also wonder how he would do on the Right Side, or would Ellis move in an experiment again?

Yeah, I understand your point. But let it be known that I was pushing Roethlisberger since 2002, long before he was projected to be a top 15 pick in 2004. I saw him play live, and I was amazed at the kid. He held his own with 92,000+ fans screaming at him in Tiger Stadium. He had enough class to call a local sports talk show the Monday after the game to talk about his perspective on the LSU defense. Very classy guy! His maturity impressed me.

Erasmus James seems like the only true, NFL ready DE in this draft class. I have watched Marcus Spears, David Pollack and others, and I still feel this way. James has had the injury bug, but he has a great motor. He plays at the intensity level of a Julius Peppers.

Some are calling Marcus Spears a lock for one of our early picks. I don't think so. I've watched the kid for quite some time, and I don't want him in Dallas.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Yeah, I understand your point. But let it be known that I was pushing Roethlisberger since 2002, long before he was projected to be a top 15 pick in 2004. I saw him play live, and I was amazed at the kid. He held his own with 92,000+ fans screaming at him in Tiger Stadium. He had enough class to call a local sports talk show the Monday after the game to talk about his perspective on the LSU defense. Very classy guy! His maturity impressed me.

Erasmus James seems like the only true, NFL ready DE in this draft class. I have watched Marcus Spears, David Pollack and others, and I still feel this way. James has had the injury bug, but he has a great motor. He plays at the intensity level of a Julius Peppers.

Some are calling Marcus Spears a lock for one of our early picks. I don't think so. I've watched the kid for quite some time, and I don't want him in Dallas.

No Spears in Dallas? Coming from you Tuna that is a pretty convincing statement.

Not even if we went 3-4?

I have watched Spears play a few games and actually he gives me the same felling Pollack does, Average NFL talent.
I think both could be decent, but neither will dominate IMO.
I do think Spears could be pretty good in the 3-4.

I think Erasmus James has that potential to dominate though.

Bobo

Reaction score
Reed said:
He runs a 4.3 and is a power type back with speed and good moves.

A 205 lb power back? I'm interested in the guy, but I'm not sure he's all that or that he's really a good fit here.

Jim Walls

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
--Durant QB at North Carolina will go as receiver-or pick a spot for him--200+ lbs and speed speed speed. The question is has the cowboys found their QB. If you have watched him play here is my top steal of all- Alex Smith QB from Utah--same year starter I think as a rookie--- Can Bill find a spot for Durant--he is better than Woody Danzler and bigger