Steele is better than Collins

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Of course Steele is better NOW....when he came in initially he was terrible. Which is expected since he was a UDFA...not a first round caliber type as Collins was. But Collins was a knucklehead, lazy and unmotivated to improve. Steele may not ever be a All Pro player, but he is serviceable for now. Draft the future RT in couple of years and he gets replaced.

rambo2

Reaction score
Of course Steele is better NOW....when he came in initially he was terrible. Which is expected since he was a UDFA...not a first round caliber type as Collins was. But Collins was a knucklehead, lazy and unmotivated to improve. Steele may not ever be a All Pro player, but he is serviceable for now. Draft the future RT in couple of years and he gets replaced.
I think that Steele will sign another contract with the Cowboys. He doesn't want to go anywhere else and they will give him a multi year deal.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Collins is the better player. Anyone who argues Steele is an upgrade at RT would be misguided & based on what we saw in 2021, that is not true.

To put it into perspective, Collins was the 15th ranked tackle by PFF grading & Steele was 58th. There is no debate that the former LSU lineman is better.
I’m watching Steele play better then lard butt because Steele cares. That can’t be beat

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Collins is the better player. Anyone who argues Steele is an upgrade at RT would be misguided & based on what we saw in 2021, that is not true.

To put it into perspective, Collins was the 15th ranked tackle by PFF grading & Steele was 58th. There is no debate that the former LSU lineman is better.
Another reason PFF is a joke.

GINeric

Reaction score
There is no doubt about it. The move to go with Steele was by far the right decision. The trolls and crybabies had a field day with this move and they were totally wrong. Go Cowboys!

I was wondering where those weak trolls and crybabies that said "we were stupid for letting Collins go" went. Isn't it amazing how silent and hidden they've become???

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is no doubt about it. The move to go with Steele was by far the right decision. The trolls and crybabies had a field day with this move and they were totally wrong. Go Cowboys!

Based on cap hit/ performance ratio, Steele was and has proven to be an infinitely better option for this team. Lael at his best was a pro bowl level talent, but he never was really able to regain form after the hip injury in 2020 and Dallas needed to get its cap back in shape. He was a natural choice for release.

Steele is a very serviceable player nowadays and has improved tremendously every season. He is a very good run blocker and competent enough as a pass blocker.

I will say I was a sceptic at first, but this has proven to be the right call by the front office.

plasticman

Reaction score
Steele, an undrafted free agent, went against this years #2 overall draft pick. Hutchinson is going to be an All Pro soon.

I wouldn't worry about Steele. Hutchinson is going to make a lot of RT's look bad.