Steeler Fan's Ashes...

irvin88

Reaction score
Wife takes lifelong Steelers fan's ashes to Heinz Field

PITTSBURGH -- Richard Desrosiers never made it to Heinz Field to watch his beloved Steelers play football, but his widow helped him fulfill his dream in death.

Thanks to some help from sympathetic donors, Kathleen Desrosiers attended Sunday's game, bringing an urn with some of her late husband's ashes, as well as his ring and two pictures of him. He had died in March of a brain tumor.
"I couldn't take the tumor away. I couldn't take the pain away. I couldn't make him better. But I can do this," Kathleen Desrosiers, 60, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Though he lived in Exeter, N.H., Richard Desrosiers adopted the Steelers at an early age and followed them closely. He named his dog Steeler and his wardrobe, by his widow's estimate, was 95 percent Steelers gear.
Braving the biting cold and the Steelers' disappointing 29-22 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Desrosiers waved her new Terrible Towel, showed off her painted face and warmed her head with a Steelers hat.
She called it "an overwhelming experience."
"It's sad to think that he got here in death," she added. "But this is where he wanted to be. It was what he asked me to do. I got to be with him one last time while he did something he wanted more than anything else in the whole wide world."
Amy Litterini, a western Pennsylvania native who now lives in New Hampshire, was the couple's counselor during Desrosiers' yearlong battle with cancer. She arranged for the purchase of the two tickets to Sunday's game and raised money for Kathleen Desrosiers and one of her sons to spend a night in a Pittsburgh hotel.
Desrosiers was covered with a Steelers blanket when he died, and at his funeral, his two stepsons honored his memory by donning Steelers jerseys.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
sad story, hopefully that won't be me, wishing to see a Cowboy game live in Arlington, but never get to

and I hope all fans of all teams get that chance, but I realize that sometimes it can be difficult

Martice

Reaction score
Same here. I saw the boys beat the Giants this year in Jersey. However, I just booked a weekend package to see them play in Texas next year. It is only fitting that I see the 9th wonder of the world.

At least in my eyes.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
lcharles;1842241 said:
To bad the Jags kicked the Steelers ashes. :laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao:

A sad story....but, I had to laugh at the above...

God forgive me.......

Kangaroo

Reaction score
You remember the Big Lebowski where dude has the ashes in the coffee can and standing on the mountain.

Any time I see anything about a person and ashes that scene pops in my head

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1842285 said:
A sad story....but, I had to laugh at the above...

God forgive me.......

I think God turns a blind eye to anything dealing with the Stealers. As much as I hate that team and their obnoxious when they win, run and hide when they lose fans, that is a pretty touching story and I'm glad he was able to have his wishes granted. At least he got to see them "win" another Super Bowl before he died.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1842444 said:
As much as I hate that team and their obnoxious when they win, run and hide when they lose fans,

Truer words were never spoken, .. err written, .. ah typed, ... whatever.

Their fans are in my face when they win, and act like they never even heard of the sport when they lose.