Steelers and Jets trying to out choke each other

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
"It's really not that hard," Curl says modestly. Then, cracking a smile, he adds, "Watch me screw it up."

:D :D :D

Darn clocks! They can be so complicated. The hour hand and the minute hand...argh! And then they throw in the curve ball to really make it complicated...the SECOND hand!!!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40 said:
I like playoff games when the teams look like they deserve to be there.

Ya, that wasn't an exciting game.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I expected it to be close.
Ben R. is a great rookie but he IS a rookie.

If the Jets had treated all 3 of those final plays from scrimmage as if they were 3rd and 3's they would probably kicked a 30 yard field goal instead of a 43 yarder and gotten the win. Herm was a bit too conservative. Same thing that Marty did last week to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Steelers weakness is clearly at CB. Any team that spreads them out with a 3 or 4 WR set will put up points.

p1_

Reaction score
Doug Brian (Brien?) looked like little Billy Cundiff out there, he has to feel terrible. So many chances to win, and he put up dud after dud.

I guess he'll be history soon.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
p1_ said:
Doug Brian (Brien?) looked like little Billy Cundiff out there, he has to feel terrible. So many chances to win, and he put up dud after dud.

I guess he'll be history soon.

First - he should have seen that Brien missed from 47 short. Field is a mess, cold air. He has to put the game in Chads hands and not a kick from 43 by playing conservative.

Then to call time out at 6 seconds to then call a QB Kneel to lose yards and run clock to 4 is nuts. NFL.com said the play lost 1 yard but I had them at the 23 +10 + 7 s/b a 40 yarder turned into a 43 yarder. That mentally in those conditions was a big difference. If Herm is going to be dumb enough to call that play he should have had Chad try a forward QB sneek behind Mawai and gain a yard or two to make it a 38-39 yarder.

Must suck for all the players to battle that hard and for the coach and kicker to CHOKE on them.