Steelers are the best team in football

Spectre

Reaction score
I have watched every Steelers game this season and I have to say that they are, IMO, the best team in the NFL. I felt that way before last night's game and still do.

They aren't flawless by any means and are beatable by good teams. Their offense is weak and disjointed often. But their defense is 2nd to none and singlehandedly keeps them in every game, if not outright wins it for them.

Because of that, I'm not as discouraged by last night's loss except the manner in which it happened because I was surprised that Dallas made the tremendous effort that they did. We won the battle overall last night but simply dropped the ball down the stretch on just a couple big mistakes. But the fact that we played as well as we did, under the circumstances we did, is encouraging for an uncharacteristic, late-season Dallas Cowboy effort.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Spectre;2474615 said:
I have watched every Steelers game this season and I have to say that they are, IMO, the best team in the NFL. I felt that way before last night's game and still do.

They aren't flawless by any means and are beatable by good teams. Their offense is weak and disjointed often. But their defense is 2nd to none and singlehandedly keeps them in every game, if not wins it for them.

Because of that, I'm not as discouraged by last night's loss except the manner in which it happened because I was surprised that Dallas made the tremendous effort that they did. We won the battle overall last night but simply dropped the ball down the stretch on just a couple big mistakes. But the fact that we played as well as we did, under the circumstances we did, is encouraging for an uncharacteristic, late-season Dallas Cowboy effort.

This is bologna.

:laugh1:

Dude, come on.

Dominating them 13-3 for most of game in their house. Dude.

The Panch

Reaction score
The Steelers are not that good. Both us and Baltimore gave away gaves they should've won in Pittsburgh. Their offense is a joke in all phases and as good as their defense is, it isnt as dominant as some make it out to be.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Your opinion. But mine is that these teams are better than the Steelers:

Baltimore Ravens
New York Giants
Tennessee Titans

The Steelers were very beatable because their offense brought them down. We let one get away. Blame offensive coordinator for some questionable playcalling.

I am not discouraged by the loss because we were expected to lose. We just didn't matchup well. Against the giants at home, we should win a close one. We lose that one, its over.

bigE79

Reaction score
YoMick;2474624 said:
This is bologna.

:laugh1:

Dude, come on.

Dominating them 13-3 for most of game in their house. Dude.
they are not even the best team in the afc:star:

Woods

Reaction score
I think the NYG are better than the Steelers, even without Plaxico.

30yrheel

Reaction score
Spectre;2474615 said:

They aren't flawless by any means and are beatable by good teams. Their offense is weak and disjointed often. But their defense is 2nd to none and singlehandedly keeps them in every game, if not outright wins it for them.

i have to disagree. their defense is obviously good, but they don't scare me as much as some other teams, the giants and eagles for two.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If you want to get into all that best team nonsense and best defense nonsense....

then it should be stated that if we didnt go to bend dont break/zone... we hold them to 3 while we scored 13... shoulda been 20 on them(bad bounce on that punt)

newlander

Reaction score
C'MON MAN.............not buying it. My hatred for them could be blinding me, but like Mick said....dominated them for 3.5 qtrs. with our 3rd string RB and a few other starters out too....top 5 team, but they aren't #1...

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Spectre;2474615 said:
But the fact that we played as well as we did, under the circumstances we did, is encouraging for an uncharacteristic, late-season Dallas Cowboy effort.

I agree with that.

In recent years, Dallas would have gotten blasted in a game like that -- in December, on the road, cold, windy, a bunch of injuries, going against a physical team with a great defense.

I love the way they competed.

The offense's carnival act in the fourth quarter did them in.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the Steelers have one of the best defense in football but I don't think they are the best team in football. Clearly a top 3 to 5 team but if I had to say who the best is right now combined offense and defense it would be NYG

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
i dont think the steelers are the best team in football
their offense is horrible
the only reason they beat us because tony made alot of bad decisions which you would expect since he hasnt played a good d since he got hurt

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CowboysxSwagger;2474668 said:
i dont think the steelers are the best team in football
their offense is horrible
the only reason they beat us because tony made alot of bad decisions which you would expect since he hasnt played a good d since he got hurt

Not the only reason....

Relentless D went to "bend dont break"

THAT cost us

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Chief;2474662 said:
I agree with that.

In recent years, Dallas would have gotten blasted in a game like that -- in December, on the road, cold, windy, a bunch of injuries, going against a physical team with a great defense.

I love the way they competed.

The offense's carnival act in the fourth quarter did them in.
That's why I think they wont fold like a cheap tent vs the Giants this week.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Steelers OL alone keeps them from being the best in the NFL - they suck with a capital S.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Mick, your sig photo has me begging for a win this weekend.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I think the Giants with Plax are the best team, but with all the distractions now who knows?,.