Steelers are the best team in football

btcutter

Reaction score
Spectre;2474615 said:
I have watched every Steelers game this season and I have to say that they are, IMO, the best team in the NFL. I felt that way before last night's game and still do.

They aren't flawless by any means and are beatable by good teams. Their offense is weak and disjointed often. But their defense is 2nd to none and singlehandedly keeps them in every game, if not outright wins it for them.

Because of that, I'm not as discouraged by last night's loss except the manner in which it happened because I was surprised that Dallas made the tremendous effort that they did. We won the battle overall last night but simply dropped the ball down the stretch on just a couple big mistakes. But the fact that we played as well as we did, under the circumstances we did, is encouraging for an uncharacteristic, late-season Dallas Cowboy effort.

In a neutral field, we will kick their *** 4/5 times.

Giants, Ten, Colts and us are better than the Stealers.

robjgrif

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2474643 said:
Your opinion. But mine is that these teams are better than the Steelers:

Baltimore Ravens
New York Giants
Tennessee Titans

The Steelers were very beatable because their offense brought them down. We let one get away. Blame offensive coordinator for some questionable playcalling.

I am not discouraged by the loss because we were expected to lose. We just didn't matchup well. Against the giants at home, we should win a close one. We lose that one, its over.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, IMO the Steelers' lack of offensive production will come to haunt them in the post season!

cowboyz

Reaction score
Sarge;2474854 said:
The Steelers OL alone keeps them from being the best in the NFL - they suck with a capital S.
exactly

best teams are the

giants
titans

both have solid line play. giants though use to have plaxico. tough to say now though.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Spectre;2474615 said:
I have watched every Steelers game this season and I have to say that they are, IMO, the best team in the NFL. I felt that way before last night's game and still do.

They aren't flawless by any means and are beatable by good teams. Their offense is weak and disjointed often. But their defense is 2nd to none and singlehandedly keeps them in every game, if not outright wins it for them.

Because of that, I'm not as discouraged by last night's loss except the manner in which it happened because I was surprised that Dallas made the tremendous effort that they did. We won the battle overall last night but simply dropped the ball down the stretch on just a couple big mistakes. But the fact that we played as well as we did, under the circumstances we did, is encouraging for an uncharacteristic, late-season Dallas Cowboy effort.

I have to say that I couldnt disagree more...they've already been beaten by the Colts and Giants at home, and we should have beaten them yesterday.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
The Steelers are defense an nothing else....if you have watched all of their games this season you will notice that their defense continually gives their offense a short field to work on.....it happened again last night. Their offense is not scary at all. Hence, they are a one-dimensional team.....all that it would take would be for a team to force their offense to go on long drives to keep scoring....they can't do it. I would venture to say that most of their scoring drives this season are 40 yards and under....

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The Tennessee Titans have the team to thump them. Chris Johnson will take those runs you saw yesterday by Choice to the house. Albert Haynesworth should destroy them. Good luck to Max Starks blocking Haynesworth and Van Denbosch.

They will sack the Big Statue, too. Good luck running on them.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they're even the best defense... I want to see them again in the Superbowl, that's all I'll say.

juck

Reaction score
Spectre;2474615 said:

nonsense

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2475144 said:
I wouldn't say they're even the best defense... I want to see them again in the Superbowl, that's all I'll say.

Absolutely.

Have I mentioned that this thread is "bologna"!??

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
They are the luckiest team in football, there is no question of that, and they will probably ride that luck all the way to the Super Bowl. They caught the AFC in a down year. They have struggled against the NFC. I don't think Dallas is that good, yet they kicked Pittsburgh's butt all night in their own stadium, so I'm not sure how good the Stealers really are.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Steelers = Very good defense
Steelers = Very average offense.

Steelers = Good team, but NOT the best in the AFC, much less the NFL. Top 5? Probably. With all our injuries, the bad weather, and playing on the road, we absolutely had them beat yesterday. We outplayed them for 3 1/2 quarters and the coaching staff let them off the hook by going too conservative on both sides of the ball.

wxcpo

Reaction score
You honestly believe the Steelers are the best team in football? We had that game won and in their stadium. Romo played like crap all game and yet the defense put us in a position to walk away from Pittsburgh with the win. I certainly wouldn't say Pittsburgh is the best team in the NFL, heck they aren't even the best team in the AFC.

#12Cowboy

Reaction score
The Stoolers have a good D but their offense is crap but that is just MHO.

#12Cowboy

Reaction score
kingwhicker;2475426 said:
They are the luckiest team in football, there is no question of that, and they will probably ride that luck all the way to the Super Bowl. They caught the AFC in a down year. They have struggled against the NFC. I don't think Dallas is that good, yet they kicked Pittsburgh's butt all night in their own stadium, so I'm not sure how good the Stealers really are.

Wash your mouth out! lol

The Stoolers will go 1 and done.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that we had FIVE turnovers on the road and still should've won the damn game!!!!!! Had we continued to play the way we had the entire game (especially defensively), that last interception wouldn't have taken place. By playing the same way, I mean had the coaching staff continued to play the aggressive D that got us a 13 point lead. But no, we had to go prevent and play it safe. Once again it prevented a win.