Steelers/Pats-who will you root for tomorrow?

Boysboy

Reaction score
It's hard to say for me-if the Steelers win, then this could very well boost their confidence tremendously heading into our game. However-if they lose, especially with the Ravens breathing down their backs, our game with them will make it a huge sense of urgency.

Either way-this is going to be one VERY physical game b/w these 2 teams. Good thing for us we have 10 days off.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Boysboy;2451402 said:
It's hard to say for me-if the Steelers win, then this could very well boost their confidence tremendously heading into our game. However-if they lose, especially with the Ravens breathing down their backs, our game with them will make it a huge sense of urgency.

Either way-this is going to be one VERY physical game b/w these 2 teams. Good thing for us we have 10 days off.

i'm pulling for both teams to beat the hell out of each other.

Eskimo

Reaction score
lane;2451418 said:
i'm pulling for both teams to beat the hell out of each other.

I will especially be rooting for the Pats to beat up on the Steelers. The outcome of the game does not matter at all to us.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
:D I want the Steelers to win a hard fought, grueling, gut busting game that leaves them with no energy to even think about the Cowboys the following week.

Decleater101

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2451425 said:
:D I want the Steelers to win a hard fought, grueling, gut busting game that leaves them with no energy to even think about the Cowboys the following week.

Excellent! Couldn't have said it better myself. :rolleyes:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Boysboy;2451402 said:

I'm going with the philosophy that if Ptt wins, then our game with them is much less important to them winning their division/making the playoffs when they play us. A Pitt victory keeps them at least a game up in their division (over Baltimore, currently at 7-4) with only one other team in the conference (Indy currently at 7-4) a threat to them making the playoffs. Bottom line, that game will be much more important to us than them. They lose tomorrow, however, and they will be in desperation mode against us.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
For me its no contest. I want the Steelers to crush the Pats.

I have always like Pitt in the AFC.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
LandryFan;2451457 said:
I'm going with the philosophy that if Ptt wins, then our game with them is much less important to them winning their division/making the playoffs when they play us. A Pitt victory keeps them at least a game up in their division (over Baltimore, currently at 7-4) with only one other team in the conference (Indy currently at 7-4) a threat to them making the playoffs. Bottom line, that game will be much more important to us than them. They lose tomorrow, however, and they will be in desperation mode against us.

It really doesn't matter if they win or lose, or if both teams are in desperation mode. Those are the best kind of games, and the best way to judge where the Cowboys are at against the so called "elite" of the NFL.

In reality, I don't want the Stealers to be flat, I want them to come out with everything they've got...and I want us to beat them that way.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
LandryFan;2451457 said:

good point..

i still think if we come out and play with the fire we have shown the past 3 weeks ...... we might just run the table.

the defense knows they got tony back..... and it is showing big time!!

they feel like they will be rewarded with their good play.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Green Bay over Carolina, New Orleans over Tampa Bay, San Diego over Atlanta, and New York over Washington.

I really don't care about who wins between New England and Pittsburgh. I do hope New England inflicts some physical pain though.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Hostile;2451477 said:
I'm rooting for Green Bay over Carolina, New Orleans over Tampa Bay, San Diego over Atlanta, and New York over Washington.

I really don't care about who wins between New England and Pittsburgh. I do hope New England inflicts some physical pain though.

me too...how you doing hos?

LandryFan

Reaction score
lane;2451468 said:
good point..

i still think if we come out and play with the fire we have shown the past 3 weeks ...... we might just run the table.

the defense knows they got tony back..... and it is showing big time!!

they feel like they will be rewarded with their good play.

I agree with your point (and Corleone's point in a post above), but I just feel that with the schedule we have in front of us, winning 3 of 4 will be quite an accomplishment. I'll take any edge I can get in any one of those four games. Like you said, though, if they keep playing with the fire and intensity of previous weeks, then they'll be difficult for anyone to stop. I just need to see them do it against someone other than the "weak sisters" of the league. Win or lose tomorrow, Pitt will be more than a quality opponent.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
DR.WARE;2451514 said:
steelers cuz you dont want to play them after a loss

I could care less if they lose or win tomorrow. I want their best shot, and I want us to beat them while they give their best shot.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2451477 said:

Agreed except for Carolina-remember the Eagles have their #1 pick next year, plus some key vets like Thomas, Runyan, and Dawkins will likely hang up the spurs next year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LandryFan;2451457 said:
I'm on board with this.

The biggest disappoint for me is that this game won't be on in my area. I'm stuck with KC/Oak. I wish I were kidding.

LandryFan

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2451673 said:
I'm on board with this.

The biggest disappoint for me is that this game won't be on in my area. I'm stuck with KC/Oak. I wish I were kidding.

I have DirecTV and subscribe to the NFL Ticket. All but two Dallas games have been locally telecast where I live, but it is nice to get all the other games so I can watch any of th3em that has meaning to my "Boys.