Steelers

RonWashington

Reaction score
I take it Trubisky won the pre season battle to start for that heralded QB rich franchise . I don’t think Tomlin will have a long leash on this project though and it may be first rounder local college lad Pickett to the rescue sooner then later. Interesting see how that shakes out .

terra

Reaction score
heralded QB rich franchise? Bradshaw was over rated and benefited from having one of the most talented rosters of his time; and the Rapist only got 1 ring and while will go into the HOF so what?

RonWashington

Reaction score
6 SB wins …it’s wasn’t exactly Garrett Gilbert slinging it around the frozen tundra all these years. The Black and Gold dominated the landscape in the 70’s and like it or not Bradshaw one of the top gunslingers of that era …..as to Big Ben the comment he “ only won one “ hmmm that’s equal the amount Drew Bree’s won last I checked ….one “ more “ then the beloved Cowboys have managed this past quarter century .

It’s a big world out there . It extends past JonesTown.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think if I’m not mistaken and I could be wrong Mason Rudolph future with the Steelers is in the past . Thus the bus driver Trubisky signing with # 1 draft pick Pickett warming up in the bullpen .

Havic

Reaction score
I agree, Trubisky will be on a short lease and if the season is over by week 10, Pickett will be the starter.

terra

Reaction score
6 SB wins …it’s wasn’t exactly Garrett Gilbert slinging it around the frozen tundra all these years. The Black and Gold dominated the landscape in the 70’s and like it or not Bradshaw one of the top gunslingers of that era …..as to Big Ben the comment he “ only won one “ hmmm that’s equal the amount Drew Bree’s won last I checked ….one “ more “ then the beloved Cowboys have managed this past quarter century .

It’s a big world out there . It extends past JonesTown.
and certainly a lot more than Pittsburgh and company as well.
You certainly missed the point that the Cowboys have had a much richer QB history than the Squeelers have.

Yes the Squeelers won 4 SBs in 6 years. Second best run of all time except for BB and company.
But who has won more games 1960-2022?
Who has had more QBs in the Pro Bowl 1960-2022.
So much for the fabled QB franchise.
Bluntly speaking Eddie Lebaron, Don Meredith, Craig Morton, Roger Staubach, Danny White, Troy Akiman, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott. Are you going to try and claim the Squeelers come close to that?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Cowboys Steelers Chiefs Packers Raiders Dolphins 49ers lots of teams are rich in QB tradition . Why you choose to focus otherwise is baffling . Yes you missed the point . It was a post about Steelers QB situation. Not a comparison against the locals .

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Like I said Ben R equal SB rings to Drew Brees still one more then the beloved locals White Romo Dak . It is what it is . Certainly for 140 million I hope # 4 is a big part of a Cowboy SB win the way Ben R and Bradshaw were in Pitt .

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
heralded QB rich franchise? Bradshaw was over rated and benefited from having one of the most talented rosters of his time; and the Rapist only got 1 ring and while will go into the HOF so what?

One ring? Which ring are we talking about? The one he got in 2005? Or the one he got in 2008?

Flamma

Reaction score
I take it Trubisky won the pre season battle to start for that heralded QB rich franchise . I don’t think Tomlin will have a long leash on this project though and it may be first rounder local college lad Pickett to the rescue sooner then later. Interesting see how that shakes out .

This will be interesting to see. Trubisky may be better than we think outside of starting for Chicago. But I think we both know if he struggles, we'll see Pickett. But I'm kind of rooting for the guy. I don't like to see bad QB play unless it's from our division opponents.

RonWashington

Reaction score
One ring? Which ring are we talking about? The one he got in 2005? Or the one he got in 2008?

Flamma knows his history I stand corrected it’s 2 for Ben 4 for Bradshaw and yes that city has a tradition of SB trips with QB obviously a big part .

Flamma

Reaction score
Flamma knows his history I stand corrected it’s 2 for Ben 4 for Bradshaw and yes that city has a tradition of SB trips with QB obviously a big part .

Yeah they do. I know people like to rip on Terry because of his awful start and the great team he had around him. But he came through in super bowl 13. We had him down and out, up 14-7 and Terry being helped off with a concussion. I thought we had it. But nope. Dude comes back and plays a perfect game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This will be interesting to see. Trubisky may be better than we think outside of starting for Chicago. But I think we both know if he struggles, we'll see Pickett. But I'm kind of rooting for the guy. I don't like to see bad QB play unless it's from our division opponents.
This

Trubisky is better than what some think, but the job will eventually belong to Picken

Whoever is behind center will have an offensive line far, FAR worse than all of us are whining about here in Dallas.
So good luck with that

terra

Reaction score
Cowboys Steelers Chiefs Packers Raiders Dolphins 49ers lots of teams are rich in QB tradition . Why you choose to focus otherwise is baffling . Yes you missed the point . It was a post about Steelers QB situation. Not a comparison against the locals .
Really?
I notice you avoid answering the question with deflection.
Bluntly speaking I challenge you to show a team with such a continuous run of excellent to great QB play.
GO AHEAD.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Really?
I notice you avoid answering the question with deflection.
Bluntly speaking I challenge you to show a team with such a continuous run of excellent to great QB play.
GO AHEAD.

Why would you answer a thread about Steeler QB situation and turn it into your own thread about another team . You obviously are avoiding the topic , like it or not Pitt has 6 rings …not bad for a city you think has had all bus drivers according to your opinion .

Last edited:

terra

Reaction score
Why would you answer a thread about Steeler QB situation and turn it into your own thread about another team . You obviously are avoiding the topic , like it or not Pitt has 6 rings …not bad for a city you think has had all bus drivers according to your opinion .
you are the one that talked about the fabled Squeeler QB history and I am the one that showed you are full of crap.
Go ahead run and hide.

RonWashington

Reaction score
you are the one that talked about the fabled Squeeler QB history and I am the one that showed you are full of crap.
Go ahead run and hide.

6 rings I would say that qualifies as a solid QB history . The insults and changing the topic to other teams a sign of a losing argument . This is the NFL zone not everything revolves around Dallas 24/7 .