Video: Stephen A Smith is sadly right on this video

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
20 carries, 47 yards. Exactly the same as the Rams game.

The Cowboys still managed to score 47 points (combined) but gave up over 400 rushing yards and 58 points in those two games.

And Dak was KILLING the Vikings defence. So you call a run? That's a coaching failure, and you could see Dak looking upset. He threw his hands like, "Why don't you trust me there? I want to throw it there!"

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Garrett hasn't changed , he doesn't game-plan and scheme for each opponent . Never has .

He drew a lame playbook 10 years ago , and hasn't changed it .

If they are predictable , Garrett blames the players for lack of execution .

Yup, because Garrett is a bloody lying sack of crap.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Every comment is about the offense. Until this defense stops getting pushed around when it faces a good team all the offense in the world won't be enough.

The sad part is that's been the Cowboys downfall in big games more often than not this century - defense. The Saints game last year is an outlier.

khiladi

Reaction score
And Dak was KILLING the Vikings defence. So you call a run? That's a coaching failure, and you could see Dak looking upset. He threw his hands like, "Why don't you trust me there? I want to throw it there!"

again, the last series before when Dak was ‘killing’ the Vikings defense, they threw twice, one second and third and came away with the FG.

Beating corners in man with plenty of space to operate and plenty of time to throw because of good pass blocking is not the same thing as throwing in shorter field situations.

khiladi

Reaction score
And the defense completely held, despite our CB getting away with illegal contact on Diggs, in the fourth giving the ball back to the Cowboys.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
again, the last series before when Dak was ‘killing’ the Vikings defense, they threw twice, one second and third and came away with the FG.

Beating corners in man with plenty of space to operate and plenty of time to throw because of good pass blocking is not the same thing as throwing in shorter field situations.

I suppose, but why 2 back to back when you got stuffed on the first run?

Carson

Reaction score
He’s always pretty accurate. But it’s also like saying the sun will rise

Cydios

Reaction score
yup! I agree. Stephen A is an arse to Dallas fans, but when he's real.. he's most of the time right. EVERYTHING in the video is indicative of bad coaching.

khiladi

Reaction score
I suppose, but why 2 back to back when you got stuffed on the first run?

The Read option play call was stupid. I have no idea what went on there. Even if Dak held it, the LB completely had the gap contained. It looks like Dallas was looking to play the chains.

The point though is Dallas scorer on passes that are basically intermediate and deep routes on isolated coverage. These were not generally short fields.

the Vikings played solid defense in these short field situations.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Read option play call was stupid. I have no idea what went on there. Even if Dak held it, the LB completely had the gap contained. It looks like Dallas was looking to play the chains.

The point though is Dallas scorer on passes that are basically intermediate and deep routes on isolated coverage. These were not generally short fields.

the Vikings played solid defense in that situation as well.

Oh, they did, but the calls in that sequence were stupid and they couldn't stop Coop

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh, they did, but the calls in that sequence were stupid and they couldn't stop Coop

On the fourth and 5, the Vikings finally played cover 2 and they shadowed their CB over Cooper. If you get a chance go back and watch that play, watch the safety lines up on the right and where he goes on the snap and then watch the play prior to see how they defended. That play where they went RPO, they had one safety and man. The Vikings were clearly playing run. If Dak has a choice he should have audibles out, especially since it’s really not that risky with two other plays.

Dak went immediately to Zeke who was completely covered on the 4th and 5. The next read was probably Witten, who was doubled. The next was Cobb who I believe ran a cross route, the safety that I spoke about earlier, going towards Cooper.

Dak did have time, so he should have gone to his other progressions and he most likely could have seen Cooper.

That being said the Vikings played solid defense in short yardage situations. They actually played bad on third and distance in general.