Video: Stephen A Smith is sadly right on this video

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
On the fourth and 5, the Vikings finally played cover 2 and they shadowed their CB over Cooper. If you get a chance go back and watch that play, watch the safety lines up on the right and where he goes on the snap and then watch the play prior to see how they defended. That play where they went RPO, they had one safety and man. The Vikings were clearly playing run. If Dak has a choice he should have audibles out, especially since it’s really not that risky with two other plays.

Dak went immediately to Zeke who was completely covered on the 4th and 5. The next read was probably Witten, who was doubled. The next was Cobb who I believe ran a cross route, the safety that I spoke about earlier, going towards Cooper.

Dak did have time, so he should have gone to his other progressions and he most likely could have seen Cooper.

That being said the Vikings played solid defense in short yardage situations. They actually played bad on third and distance in general.

Again, I think that's coaching. I saw that matchup. I don't know why you wouldn't trust Dak at the end of that series though if you're Garrett.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh, and the Vikes couldn't stop Cobb either. So even if Coop is covered on a third down pass, Cobb was catching everything!

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, I think that's coaching. I saw that matchup. I don't know why you wouldn't trust Dak at the end of that series though if you're Garrett.

it depends. It depends what the options are. Could Dak audible? He saw the coverage and it’s not like the Vikings were disguising anything on the third.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
it depends. It depends what the options are. Could Dak audible? He saw the coverage and it’s not like the Vikings were disguising anything on the third.

I think he probably would've if allowed. And I saw his frustration after the third down when Minn called time out. That suggested to me that he might not have been allowed to audible there.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think he probably would've if allowed. And I saw his frustration after the third down when Minn called time out. That suggested to me that he might not have been allowed to audible there.

According to Garrett, if he is to be believed, Dak apparently was given that decision and he chose run.

ultron

Reaction score
On the 2nd and 2 play where Zeke got stuffed, it was a QB/RB run option and Zeke took the damn ball out of Dak's hands. If Dak keeps that ball he has an open lane to the right & potentially could've ran it in for a TD

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
On the 2nd and 2 play where Zeke got stuffed, it was a QB/RB run option and Zeke took the damn ball out of Dak's hands. If Dak keeps that ball he has an open lane to the right & potentially could've ran it in for a TD

:facepalm:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
On the fourth and 5, the Vikings finally played cover 2 and they shadowed their CB over Cooper. If you get a chance go back and watch that play, watch the safety lines up on the right and where he goes on the snap and then watch the play prior to see how they defended. That play where they went RPO, they had one safety and man. The Vikings were clearly playing run. If Dak has a choice he should have audibles out, especially since it’s really not that risky with two other plays.

Dak went immediately to Zeke who was completely covered on the 4th and 5. The next read was probably Witten, who was doubled. The next was Cobb who I believe ran a cross route, the safety that I spoke about earlier, going towards Cooper.

Dak did have time, so he should have gone to his other progressions and he most likely could have seen Cooper.

That being said the Vikings played solid defense in short yardage situations. They actually played bad on third and distance in general.

Yeah, he has Coop man to man there and I can't see the route from Cooper but I'd imagine he's got a much better chance then did Zeke. Zeke was never open there.