Stephen F Austin WR Dominique Edison

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
this guy reminds me of a thin TO, he's 6'2, 199, (TO is 6'2" 223), explosive off the line, needs a couple of steps to get in stride, has long arms that he uses to reach out and grab the ball, and is great after the catch, you really want to hit him on a quick pass

it doesn't hurt that he really wants to play for the Dallas Cowboys

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
SFA is my alma matre and I've seen him play... he would be a nice pick-up in later rounds. He has great physical tools and could be a very good player in the NFL...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;2640079 said:
SFA is my alma matre and I've seen him play... he would be a nice pick-up in later rounds. He has great physical tools and could be a very good player in the NFL...

I didn't really pay much attention until I was doing my NFLDS mock draft for us, I had read about him impressing at the Texas v. Nation all-star game, but I clicked the link in NFLDS, and his scouting report jumped out at me

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
here is some more info on him

Dominique Edison, Wide Receiver, Stephen F. Austin

Overview

Edison has been a productive wideout since setting foot on the Stephen F. Austin campus. He averaged just over 500 receiving yards per year during his first three seasons. But as a senior, Edison reeled in 67 catches for 1,016 yards and a staggering 18 touchdowns.

Scout’s Take

He’s a tall (6-foot-2), well-built wideout with impressive straight-line speed (4.42) for his size. Edison is a natural receiver with great hands and does a nice job adjusting his body and plucking the ball away from his frame. Was consistently able to beat jam coverage and showcases the body control to cleanly get in and out of his routes. Exhibits good coordination down the field with the ability to drop his hips and explode out of his breaks. Is a gifted vertical threat who simply was able to overwhelm the competition with his physical skill set. However, Edison needs to prove he can handle the jump to the NFL. He played in a spread offense at Stephen F. Austin, where he was consistently able to line up in space and create plays down the field. He’s a long strider but needs to improve his initial release off the line and work on building speed more quickly.

Rundown

Edison possesses rare speed and body control for a prospect of his size. He’s been very productive over the course of his college career and has the athletic ability to be a factor at the next level. However, he needs to prove he can make the transition to the NFL game. There have been plenty of small-school receivers who were overwhelmed by the talent, and Edison needs to prove he can work though the challenges. He was invited to the NFL Combine, and I expect him to take advantage of this opportunity. He could rise up draft boards the same way Richmond WR Arman Shields did a year ago. Right now, Edison looks like a late-round pick with the potential to move into the middle rounds with a strong showing at the Combine.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yep, we as cowboys fans are way overdue on a sleeper WR

we got one with drew pearson once, in fact drew was a undrafted player

so we are way overdue for getting a good surprise wr in the draft this year

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2640024 said:
this guy reminds me of a thin TO, he's 6'2, 199, (TO is 6'2" 223), explosive off the line, needs a couple of steps to get in stride, has long arms that he uses to reach out and grab the ball, and is great after the catch, you really want to hit him on a quick pass

it doesn't hurt that he really wants to play for the Dallas Cowboys

He is a looker but you under estimating his speed. Don't be surprised to see him run in the 4.4 range, unlike TO he gets to top speed rather quickly but does have a very long stride like Owens.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2640458 said:
idk how much a late-round pick is supposed to impress you

There's late round stand outs. That don't get drafted because of injuries and other things.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The Cowboys need to draft a WR in this draft if they get a value.

Watch out for Demetrius Bryd. He would be perfect for the Cowboys, but he might run his way out of range. We all know they don't draft them. It's a good thing you guys are looking at a small school WRs. Bryd could do serious damage in the slot. He has good size and speed. His production against some of the better teams is better than Mohamed Massoquoi.