Video: Stephen interview 4/22

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
have no interest any more in what him or his father have to say they are bound so dumb and its very revealing when they do talk

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We’ve taken a huge gamble not signing a veteran on the OL prior to the draft. We’re banking on the draft to improve the OL this season. We still could sign a veteran after the draft but I don’t see an upgrade over what we had.

So what did you want them to do? Go spend big money on a guard and then draft one too?

Is MCgovern that much worse than Williams? Williams was terrible.

From where I am standing the Oline needs to be rebuilt and fixed. We need new young stud on there. You arent going to get that with veteran stop gaps. I agree with them that the draft is the way to fix the line and we are sitting in prime position to draft one of the best interior guys that will be there.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why in the hell do both the father and son have to run off at the mouth? Isn't one magpie enough?

At least with Stephen you don’t get a bunch of ums, huhs and lip smacks.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The local sport talk radio station The Ticket once had a 'you know' contest.

They played an interview of a different athlete, coach, etc. and counted the number of times he said 'you know'.

I think Jason Kidd was the winner.

Stephen Jones might bump Jason Kidd off the top spot if they had that contest again.
That's just the kids' version of Jerry's....uhh, uhhs...but I hear ya.

"You know" is a condescending version of "you apparently DONT know."

Further evidence that he thinks quite highly of himself and his approach.

fivetwos

Reaction score
McGovern probably not but Williams absolutely.
As much as I never liked Williams, I dontt see how they could have deactivated him without injury.

He actually had to get back in there and bail out McGovern, who was somehow worse.

I'd really love to have a better idea of exactly what Alarcon is and isn't capable of by now, but it wasnt gonna happen without an injury or two.

IMO we already have backup types in two of McGovern, Farinok and Biadasz.

What we need is one of those three starting and an upgrade at either C or LG.

Not sure where that leaves Alarcon.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We’ve taken a huge gamble not signing a veteran on the OL prior to the draft. We’re banking on the draft to improve the OL this season. We still could sign a veteran after the draft but I don’t see an upgrade over what we had.

There are guys still available that will be there post draft. We don't know what Ball offers yet either as he could be someone that takes the swing Tackle spot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There are guys still available that will be there post draft. We don't know what Ball offers yet either as he could be someone that takes the swing Tackle spot.

There’s guys available (jags) but I don’t see a clear upgrade over the players we moved on from. We have some real issues on the OL. It’s not if Tyron Smith is going to miss games it’s how many. We’re not solid at center and some have us drafting one with our top pick. We need 2 or 3 new players on the OL. If we don’t improve the OL the running game will continue to suffer and Dak will have a tough time bouncing back. Appears we’re going to be depending on some young players upfront.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
:hammer:

morasp

Reaction score
Cowboys have Mental Healths Experts that evaluate current and potential players
Trading up or down round 1 or 2 they go through mock drafts with certain players falling and decide what they would do in that situation
No Elite QBs to push down other players Some teams that need a QB might take one anyway
In normal time they have a pretty good projection 3 years out on th salary cap
Not done in FA, usually some good players available after the draft
Running back position iwould take one if one fell and was great value
Lamb sky is the limit on his potential. He will get more opportunities this year. We are looking to add to the WR group
No question Dak has respect of players and organization
Dan quinn thinks the defense will be even better next season.

My only thought is if the defense doesn't get better I don't see them doing much in the tournament.

khiladi

Reaction score
Cowboys have Mental Healths Experts that evaluate current and potential players
Trading up or down round 1 or 2 they go through mock drafts with certain players falling and decide what they would do in that situation
No Elite QBs to push down other players Some teams that need a QB might take one anyway
In normal time they have a pretty good projection 3 years out on th salary cap
Not done in FA, usually some good players available after the draft
Running back position iwould take one if one fell and was great value
Lamb sky is the limit on his potential. He will get more opportunities this year. We are looking to add to the WR group
No question Dak has respect of players and organization
Dan quinn thinks the defense will be even better next season.

My only thought is if the defense doesn't get better I don't see them doing much in the tournament.

Did he say whether or not they had mental health experts that evaluate the FO?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm hoping we bring Alarcon up from ps. Should have been done last season IMO
Blimey!
Alarcon is a man child. He might or might not crack the Mean Green lineup.
A pure project if you have the time.