Twitter: Stephen: It's the first year with this group

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, that was obvious. But every team that misses its starting QB and 4 starters on the Oline will struggle to win games. I mean, why is everybody shocked that we are losing games right now? Add Zekes brainfarts and new coaches and assistants to it and there is a pretty high chance that your team looks like the 2020 Cowboys.
Don't forget the crappy defense. :thumbup:

Sydla

Reaction score
What do you expect him to do? Fire the entire coaching staff? Please tell us oh holy one.

I expect him to not come out and say hey guys, we knew it was going to be a learning curve.

Here's a crazy suggestion............... stop going on the radio. No GM/owner speaks more during the season than these two nimrods. I live up here near Philly and their GM doesn't have weekly shows and doesn't call in numerous radio stations.

This is just ego stroking for the two Jones.

bewp7

Reaction score
i knew it...what a joke

covid and less time to get ready for the season...injuries...none of these are escuses for how lost and not prepared the cowboys look every single week and how badly out schemed they are,

Trajan

Reaction score
It's like front office work. Sometimes it takes more than a quarter of a century.

I know he is old school, but Jerry really needs to get some computers in his office, would speed up some of these processes.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I mean it’s what the realist expected.

McCarthy gets a full season and offseason / training camp and a chance to bring some of his guys in.
If this is SJ’s takeaway after 10 years with Garrett... there is literally no hope. It is impossible to dispel ignorance when arrogance is in the way.

The Dallas FO missed the memo that this is a WIN NOW league. The roster turnover 20-30% every year... line up your free agents, build through the draft, open your window and take your shot. That’s it.

If you want to “build a program” go into college football. The NFL is all about winning. This nonsense about the players needing time with a new system and coaches is just lame.

Too many examples of quick turnarounds to point to in this league... SF last year is just the most recent.

I think SJ truly believes what is coming out of his mouth. Absolutely and utterly maddening. All you can do is shake your head and pray they sell the team
Amen to that! These people need to stop trying to sell everybody their lame excuses; year after year. Everybody is fed up with the lies. I'm done with them

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I am still sitting here laughing that these two boobs are going to try to float the idea that this was expected, that this was going to be a learning year.

They really think their fanbase is a bunch of dumb fools.

Maybe we are after 25 years of this nonsense? There's no logical reason to expect these two to ever get it right yet we're still here.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BschacL.png

Stephen: "Yeah, we know we're banging our heads against the wall, but eventually we know that its going to work if we just keep doing it long enough!"

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Perks of being owner/GM. You have indefinite time to fix things and no one can fire you. I'm seeing longtime fans saying they are done and rooting for other teams. I can't knock them for making that choice. We're already stuck looking forward to next season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe we are after 25 years of this nonsense? There's no logical reason to expect these two to ever get it right yet we're still here.
Yeah, but we're here for the star on the helmet, not the black holes in the FO.

triplets_93

Reaction score

Very unfortunately, this is not the "first" year of a Jimmy Johnson Coached Triplets Team.
It's Jerry's Team, and that is the ongoing problem.
For me, I have good memories in my mind from the 70's and the 90's to drift to.
Past Glory is Better than No glory at all!!

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I think I saw enough of Fat Mike and his buddy Nolan, after the Philly and Pittsburgh blowouts this staff better be fired during the bye week
Well personally, I'd prefer the old man and son to take the blame, everybody is tired of their show.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I am still sitting here laughing that these two boobs are going to try to float the idea that this was expected, that this was going to be a learning year.

They really think their fanbase is a bunch of dumb fools.
From Super Bowl or bust to JUST GIVE THEM SOME TIMEEEEEEEEEEEE. lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I expect him to not come out and say hey guys, we knew it was going to be a learning curve.

Here's a crazy suggestion............... stop going on the radio. No GM/owner speaks more during the season than these two nimrods. I live up here near Philly and their GM doesn't have weekly shows and doesn't call in numerous radio stations.

This is just ego stroking for the two Jones.
Hey Sydla, we agree on something!

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The day their yacht collapses and washes up on the Philippines with no money left and lack of good communication (safely, of course), is the day us fans celebrate and the day the NFL sells the team.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Scares me if this is right kind of guys

Are we sure that they don’t have some kind of mental illness? Shouldn’t the NFL step in and offer them some kind of mental assistance? Isn’t there a rule where if you’re unrule to fit, someone else needs to do the job? What’s the deal?