Twitter: Stephen Jones: Cowboys are meeting with Tony Pollard’s agent this week

JayFord

Reaction score
Put me down as opposed to every personnel decision they’ve talked about so far.

When Stephen Jones speaks, I cringe.

72702a22-8421-4c43-8f54-fc21a4877796_text.gif
when Stephen speaks i quickly remove myself from listening distance

Rayman70

Reaction score
No chance in hell do they tag Wilson. $14 million for Wilson? No chance.

You can sign pretty much every safety on the market no named Jessie Bates for less
u underestimate their ability 2 *** things up.

Adreme

Reaction score
No chance in hell do they tag Wilson. $14 million for Wilson? No chance.

You can sign pretty much every safety on the market no named Jessie Bates for less
On the market sure but at the moment there are 14 safeties under contract making 14m or more (with the highest being Derwin James at 19m AAV).

Carson

Reaction score
On the market sure but at the moment there are 14 safeties under contract making 14m or more (with the highest being Derwin James at 19m AAV).
Correct. But is Wilson even the best safety on our team? Look, I love Wilson as much as anybody in this board, but I just can’t break the bank for him. I could get Vonn Bell for two years, $14 million at 7-8 per.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Franchise Tag is $14M for a Safety, Dono will not be tagged.

Stephen needs to hammer out a 3yr deal forr TP, but he's content to use the tag.
Then it'll be Shultz unless........Jones boys are lying again.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Correct. But is Wilson even the best safety on our team? Look, I love Wilson as much as anybody in this board, but I just can’t break the bank for him. I could get Vonn Bell for two years, $14 million at 7-8 per.
Yes. Kearse is a leader and all that but as far as play it's Wilson.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Same thing with Schultz last season. They will tag him
I agree but the fact he left open the possibility of not tag TP and is meeting with his agent, makes me wonder if they are shooting for a long-term deal and saving the tag. TP's injury puts him in a bit of a bind. No other team will consider giving him any significant G-money while he's injured. He's looking a what May-June before he's healthy. Free agency is pretty much over by then. I can see Stephen offering a short 3-year contract with 2 years of G-money.

kumizi

Reaction score
I really hope Pollard and the Cowboys came make a deal without the tag being applied.
why? to save a couple million next year? (serious question)

I'd rather they ride Pollard hard for one more year and then move on. 3/$24 type deal wouldnt be too bad but I'd rather just go 1/$10.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Whatever you do don’t give him a long-term contract. You should be drafting a RB almost every year in the mid rounds so you always have the next man up on a rookie contract. Since they don’t have the next man up, it wouldn’t be the end of the world to tag Pollard for one year while we draft his replacement.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I really doubt they will tag Pollard....either deal or no deal. No one is worth a tag by the Cowboys this year. Schultz can take a hike.