Recap: Stephen Jones Interview 10/10, 105.3FM The Fan

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
  • Fans showed up in full force and were loud. Defense chants. Had a great atmosphere. Hats off to the fans.
  • I’ve been talking about Dorance Armstrong for a while. He is someone when given opportunities takes advantage. He was all around QB his first year, just didn’t finish. He made a point he had as many sacks as guys with twice the pay, and half the snaps. He can rush the passer, and the way Quinn uses them in packages pays off.
  • Peters has a rib giving him trouble. Best thing for him was to get him well. We’re gaining confidence in Ball, Waletzko and other backups to do this. Hopefully can be active against his old team.
  • I won’t say this is as good a defense as the 92 team. Certainly has potential. Front 7 has depth and is strong. Depth at safety is great and good to get Kearse back. Corner is another strength position with Joseph and Bland in depth. All around DEEP defense and everyone stays fresh.
  • We won’t put Parsons in harm’s way to make things worse. As long as he was comfortable he could do it without making it worse in the game, we have the best trainers and staff in the NFL. I know he feels good about him being available next week. Most players play through pain and injuries at a big time level. Lawrence has shown that. This speaks volumes for their competitive nature and how much they want their team to win.
  • We will keep an eye on Schultz and his injuries. Dalton is playing through not being 100% but same type of mentality - he wants to be out there for his teammates. We’re fortunate to have guys like that. It’s a part of the game. You have to monitor it. Good news is we have a bye coming. Depth pays off. The young TEs did a nice job for Dalton.
  • Fergi-Shot. Good nickname. (In response to The Fan’s remark about their created nick for backup Tight Ends)
  • Mike and Kellen are doing a good job playing complimentary football and letting the defense make plays. The big thing is our franchise QB is not playing now. When he does the offensive efficiency will pick up. Right now we’re doing what we need to win. We’re running it right. Probably knocks our average down when they know we’re running the ball every play, but ultimately I think our offense will do what they need to win the ball game.
  • Dak is progressing. Day to day. We all know he has to be able to grip that ball right to be successful.
  • Anytime you play a Division game, the competitive juices come out. Throw the records out the window, it’s a dog fight. We expect it in Philly. Be a great challenge, they are the only undefeated team left. I’m sure Mike and Staff will have our guys prepared. Hopefully we get a win.
  • It would be sweet to give the Eagles their first loss. Each one of us is trying to win the East. We look forward to the great rivalries in the NFC East.
  • I think Zeke was having a great day and being physical and taking its toll on the Rams. Ultimately we would like to give Pollard more touches but the coaches will work through that. Pollard is so juicy when he gets in the open field. Hopefully there will be more opportunities but there is a gut feel as you call the plays.
  • Bill Parcells used to say “you are what you are.” The records in NFC East speak for themselves.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This team as a whole has been doing a superb job. This defense is something to behold, and quite a pleasant surprise, from the exciting way they've managed to control their opposition. The Eagles will probably present a challenge to control on both sides of the ball. Let's hope this team brings their best "A" game at 7:20, Sun. night, at the Eagles' Citizen's Bank Park. Go get 'em, Cowboys!

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This team as a whole has been doing a superb job. This defense is something to behold, and quite a pleasant surprise, from the exciting way they've managed to control their opposition. The Eagles will probably present a challenge to control on both sides of the ball. Let's hope this team brings their best "A" game at 7:20, Sun. night, at the Eagles' Citizen's Bank Park. Go get 'em, Cowboys!

They tried hard to make him admit it was early 90’s defensive dominance but he wouldn’t fall for it. We’ll find out this week if the defense is that good. Assuming everyone stays healthy, If we make it this far and shut down through that Eagles game, I think it’s fair to say we can expect the same results all year.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up but Stephen did nothing but state the obvious. Not sure how the guy attracts listeners. At least Jerry says dumb stuff and is funny sometimes. Stephen is a wet blanket.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up but Stephen did nothing but state the obvious. Not sure how the guy attracts listeners. At least Jerry says dumb stuff and is funny sometimes. Stephen is a wet blanket.

Well… he definitely won’t be going to the media like a Zoner here. LOL

“Dak sucks and Rush wins! Yo Big Mac, sit your boy Zeke and play Pollard! Tank, what a waste of a contract! Why didn’t we keep LC and Coop, doesn’t my daddy know what he’s doing. Oh.. and Randy Gregory can stick it where the sun don’t shine! Peace out!”

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
  • Fans showed up in full force and were loud. Defense chants. Had a great atmosphere. Hats off to the fans.
  • I’ve been talking about Dorance Armstrong for a while. He is someone when given opportunities takes advantage. He was all around QB his first year, just didn’t finish. He made a point he had as many sacks as guys with twice the pay, and half the snaps. He can rush the passer, and the way Quinn uses them in packages pays off.
  • Peters has a rib giving him trouble. Best thing for him was to get him well. We’re gaining confidence in Ball, Waletzko and other backups to do this. Hopefully can be active against his old team.
  • I won’t say this is as good a defense as the 92 team. Certainly has potential. Front 7 has depth and is strong. Depth at safety is great and good to get Kearse back. Corner is another strength position with Joseph and Bland in depth. All around DEEP defense and everyone stays fresh.
  • We won’t put Parsons in harm’s way to make things worse. As long as he was comfortable he could do it without making it worse in the game, we have the best trainers and staff in the NFL. I know he feels good about him being available next week. Most players play through pain and injuries at a big time level. Lawrence has shown that. This speaks volumes for their competitive nature and how much they want their team to win.
  • We will keep an eye on Schultz and his injuries. Dalton is playing through not being 100% but same type of mentality - he wants to be out there for his teammates. We’re fortunate to have guys like that. It’s a part of the game. You have to monitor it. Good news is we have a bye coming. Depth pays off. The young TEs did a nice job for Dalton.
  • Fergi-Shot. Good nickname. (In response to The Fan’s remark about their created nick for backup Tight Ends)
  • Mike and Kellen are doing a good job playing complimentary football and letting the defense make plays. The big thing is our franchise QB is not playing now. When he does the offensive efficiency will pick up. Right now we’re doing what we need to win. We’re running it right. Probably knocks our average down when they know we’re running the ball every play, but ultimately I think our offense will do what they need to win the ball game.
  • Dak is progressing. Day to day. We all know he has to be able to grip that ball right to be successful.
  • Anytime you play a Division game, the competitive juices come out. Throw the records out the window, it’s a dog fight. We expect it in Philly. Be a great challenge, they are the only undefeated team left. I’m sure Mike and Staff will have our guys prepared. Hopefully we get a win.
  • It would be sweet to give the Eagles their first loss. Each one of us is trying to win the East. We look forward to the great rivalries in the NFC East.
  • I think Zeke was having a great day and being physical and taking its toll on the Rams. Ultimately we would like to give Pollard more touches but the coaches will work through that. Pollard is so juicy when he gets in the open field. Hopefully there will be more opportunities but there is a gut feel as you call the plays.
  • Bill Parcells used to say “you are what you are.” The records in NFC East speak for themselves.

I appreciate the write up. Nicely done.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
One of the most remarkable in-season turnarounds I can ever remember! Wow!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just enjoy the good stuff. As posts like this is also boring and void of content. And is wet blanket material.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You left out that he continues to call Washington the R-word. Lol

plymkr

Reaction score
Thank you for posting, I appreciate it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  • Pollard is so juicy
tenor.gif

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Anybody notice when talking about the defense he mentioned every group as a strength except LB?