Video: Stephen Jones: Money in Dak Prescott deal would put QB in rare air

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Stephen Jones: Money in Dak Prescott deal would put QB "in rare air" | SPEAK for YOURSELF

Not certain if this has been posted

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I believe in Dak's new mechanics and this is why he has improved. Moore can call the plays, but Dak has to make the throws.

Having said that, if he were to regress, how quickly will these guys suggest Jerry overpaid?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak take 32 then signing Amari is easier.more then Wilson heck NO!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If the cowboys want a long deal then they need to pay him rare air, if it is a short deal like 4 years then less.
They want a long deal, which isnt good for Dak because qb salarys are gonna go way up next 2-3 years.
What do you guys think mahomes will get?? In the NFL everything is going up up up.
That is why these guys are asking for a lot now because the salarys are going to go way up.

HanD

Reaction score
Mahommes gets 40 if no one resets the market. Otherwise if it goes higher before his time he breaks 40 imo

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm guessing he's talking about total contract value/money. Dak's already said he's not looking for Wilson or Roger money. So I'm guessing he's saying Dak could be first NFL player to sign a $200M + contract.

quickccc

Reaction score
per Fish, who "suggests" Dak's next contract will be a record setting whopping $100 million guaranteed.

jnday

Reaction score
If the cowboys want a long deal then they need to pay him rare air, if it is a short deal like 4 years then less.
They want a long deal, which isnt good for Dak because qb salarys are gonna go way up next 2-3 years.
What do you guys think mahomes will get?? In the NFL everything is going up up up.
That is why these guys are asking for a lot now because the salarys are going to go way up.
I wish the next round of contract negotiations between the owners and players will include salary caps for each position. Something needs to be done before everything spirals out of control and this would be the perfect time to do it. The NFL should try to implement some of the salary cap ideals that the NBA uses.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wish the next round of contract negotiations between the owners and players will include salary caps for each position. Something needs to be done before everything spirals out of control and this would be the perfect time to do it. The NFL should try to implement some of the salary cap ideals that the NBA uses.
I believe they already done it right for drafting rookies isn't there a cap? I think it's a good idea

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Right, or wrong: I simply don't think that is going to fly with the Player's Union.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No matter what Dak gets paid, every fan should expect bad games, bad months. That’s the NFL.
No QB, not even Brady or Rogers, are lighting it up every week, every year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

yes, Mahomes is gonna get bank.... because he is BETTER than all the other young qbs. So if Mahomes gets 45, that doesnt make Dak worth 40..... he is not Mahomes, who is only in his second year starting and is just video game ridiculous.

Corso

Reaction score
No matter what Dak gets paid, every fan should expect bad games, bad months. That’s the NFL.
No QB, not even Brady or Rogers, are lighting it up every week, every year.
While you are absolutely correct: try convincing always-in-the-moment-judgmental-and-seeking-agenda-validation fans that.
Whew! All those hyphenations!

Corso

Reaction score
yes, Mahomes is gonna get bank.... because he is BETTER than all the other young qbs. So if Mahomes gets 45, that doesnt make Dak worth 40..... he is not Mahomes, who is only in his second year starting and is just video game ridiculous.
Mahomes and Andy Reid is the perfect pairing.
Try Mahomes and Linehan... see what happens.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They should but I doubt they will. And if they did there is no telling what those limits might be.
And I am sure they would still go up as the nfl keeps making more money.