Video: Stephen Jones on Gerald McCoy Out For 2020 Season

blueblood70

Reaction score
hmm interesting Woods job is threatened he coincidentally took out his threat..hmmm :rolleyes:o_O;)

is it not odd that Woods name doesnt come up in the depth to possibly replace McCoy..also hmm

ItzKelz

Reaction score
IdenticalSkeletalFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'd hate to have anyone get hurt but I could see it in McCoy's eyes.....he really wanted to bounce back this year. It was almost like he was a lifelong Cowboy. Really feel bad for him.
I think he would have had a amazing season. Especially with the rest of pro bowl players would have been playing beside..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Nobody likes this.

Possibly as a result of no OTAs and mini camps where players can slowly round into shape and get more in over longer periods without tweaking something.

When we signed him and Poe I thought due to their age there was some possibility one or the other might not play the whole season. That signing both was sort of a failsafe.

Of course Everson signing was the failsafe as it turns out.

The rookies and Hill whom I still consider a rookie as he did little under Marinelli in 2019 due to him and Richard stinking up the defense at the end..

will now get roles of value in the new defense under a different DC and position coaches.

We have alot to work with on this DL.

Smith is also a very likely player in this defense to move all over and disrupt things.

But no more surprises for sure.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Lets hope the Bengals cut Geno Atkins in a cap saving move. He's got a hefty contract and they are cutting down his snaps.

They were looking to trade him before the draft and they signed Danielle Hunter for 1 year 2.7 million to be his back up.

This can happen once roster cut downs happens.

At that point we cut Crawford and let Atkins in on a 2-3 year.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If we would have drafted Jordan Elliott I wouldn't too upset by McCoy's injury. But we didn't draft Elliot so McCoy's injury sucks.

cowboyec

Reaction score
not sure whats available.
time for trysten hill to grow-up and show-up.
im excited about neville gallimore.
keep an eye on any vets who get the axe.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Lets hope the Bengals cut Geno Atkins in a cap saving move. He's got a hefty contract and they are cutting down his snaps.

They were looking to trade him before the draft and they signed Danielle Hunter for 1 year 2.7 million to be his back up.

This can happen once roster cut downs happens.

At that point we cut Crawford and let Atkins in on a 2-3 year.
Mike Daniels not Hunter. One problem with Atkins is he's 6-1 with short arms, so he's probably strictly a 3T; not able to play 5T in the 3-4 looks.

conner01

Reaction score
hmm interesting Woods job is threatened he coincidentally took out his threat..hmmm :rolleyes:o_O;)

is it not odd that Woods name doesnt come up in the depth to possibly replace McCoy..also hmm
Woods is a one
He should have took out Poe

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

I fail to understand in what fantasy land you think this is happening. The Bengals are depth poor at DT. They already lost Billings to an opt out. They are not cutting Atkins.

Why would you hope for something to happen that is unlikely.

These are not the days of June 1stmas when players like La'Roi Glover get cut so we can scoop them up.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I fail to understand in what fantasy land you think this is happening. The Bengals are depth poor at DT. They already lost Billings to an opt out. They are not cutting Atkins.

Why would you hope for something to happen that is unlikely.

These are not the days of June 1stmas when players like La'Roi Glover get cut so we can scoop them up.
Rams are in cap hell. Aaron Donald could be a cap casualty.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Mike Daniels not Hunter. One problem with Atkins is he's 6-1 with short arms, so he's probably strictly a 3T; not able to play 5T in the 3-4 looks.

You are right and that's who I meant. Some reason out Hunter from the Vikes in there. All this Everson Griffen joy I am having now rocked by the loss of McCoy.

Atkins can play 3 tech in a 4-3 and possibly some DE in a 3-4. Poe would be the NT.

Last edited: